By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The #lynelchallenge! Can you beat the Great Plateau Lynel BEFORE activating the 1st Tower?

TLoZ: Breath of the Wild just turned 2 years old and I found myself engaged again because this awesome challenge I found somewhere in Youtube. It's great because you don't need to invest a lot of time in the adventure to face it, just start a new game in Master Mode and do your best to defeat the hardest enemy in the game with whatever you find. I managed to kill him in just 3:20 with no damage taken and without missing a single hit!  (I think that's a world record! =D ). Here's my take on it: https://youtu.be/I3NFAnGGXx4 (Anyone knows how to embed the video?  =)  ).

RULES:

1. Beat the Great Plateau Lynel in Master Mode without activating the 1st tower.

2. Only basic/standard weapons (no elemental/explosive/ancient weapons allowed).

3. No buffs allowed! (Like the ones given by food. I.e.: Attack Up, Deffense Up, etc.)

4. Other "ways" of beating the Lynel different than pure combat are not valid (like, you know, making it fall through the border).

For EXTRA challenge! (1): You can't receive damage!

For EXTRA challenge! (2): Missing a single hit/shot means loosing the challenge! =)

This game (and enemy) just keeps giving and giving, so post your videos taking on the challenge so we can make the wait for the next fully 3D LoZ easier!  =D

Last edited by Zarkho - on 08 March 2019

Around the Network

Holy cow, I could NEVER do that! Respect, dude!

Out of curiosity. Why is your sword never breaking? Swords usually don't last that long.

I thought nobody had replied to this post and just saw the exclamation mark in the new Forum Buddy! =P

spurgeonryan said:
I cannot even beat a lynel with any weapon yet and I have been playing it since launch. But with in the first 2 hours of getting off that first Cliff I managed to make it to Ganon with hardly anything. Then my next challenge was to go around the entire edge of the world with nothing but what I could feel me on my way. Did not save up any meals until I got to the snow. Those are my favorite early challenges.

These sound challenging too! I shall try them sometime (I keep coming to this game from time to time just to try new stuff that people posts on Youtube or forums  =D  ). In fact, I've been thinking for a while about recording a video on "how long does it take to circumvent Hyrule", since I already made another clip about how long does it take to cross it from Gerudo Desert to the Akkala Lab. (SPOILER: I'ts 42 minutes! Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCBGkf2LOKY).

spurgeonryan said:
Check out that metle or mety guy on YouTube. Does a lot of cool things and challenges. I think he still actively posts too.

Yes, I know that guy, but most of his videos are mde with hacked versions of the game, so that breaks some of the magic for me  =P

GoOnKid said:

Holy cow, I could NEVER do that! Respect, dude!

Out of curiosity. Why is your sword never breaking? Swords usually don't last that long.

Hahaha! It's just practice! The sword doesn't break because it does not get damaged when you hit the Lynel while mounting it, only when the blade impacts  =)