By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 9, 2019 (Feb 25 - Mar 03)

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:
Switch sales from start of year are very impressive, not single week below 50k and we now had almost 70k week, and all that without any big system seller game.
Sales are around 40% upr from start of year compared to same period of last year, with potential price cut or revision and lineup for rest of year,
Switch should hit at least 4.5m this year.

If sales are up so much this year why would they cut the price? They might go for higher profits like Sony do. 

To gain even stronger sales and to sale even more games. Switch is entered its 3rd year on market, its expected in any case that will receive price cut this year, Wii and DS also had price cut but that time period, while for instance PS4 had price cut in less than 2 years on market.

Around the Network

It is insane how low the PS4 is in Japan with LTD.

PS4 is a phenomenal recovery by Sony and it addressed a lot of the issues the PS3 had. Even the heavier controller and the slight ergonomic changes just make that experience on PS4 so much better.

This fiscal year will most likely be the switch's peak year in japan and worldwide, 17-18 million in the FY ending on the 31st of march and maybe 20 million for next FY. Great turn around from the wii u that never broke 4 million in any year.

Has the epidemic of herbivore men had a positive or negative effect on the japanese gaming industry? In the long term of course it will because the population will take a nose dive since the men are marrying waifu's instead of real women. But in the short term not spending money on a girlfriend means more money to spend on games.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

If sales are up so much this year why would they cut the price? They might go for higher profits like Sony do. 

To gain even stronger sales and to sale even more games. Switch is entered its 3rd year on market, its expected in any case that will receive price cut this year, Wii and DS also had price cut but that time period, while for instance PS4 had price cut in less than 2 years on market.

What if they feel they can sell every single switch they plan to ship without a price cut? Again nobody expected Sony to be so laid back with the price. Me thinks it sold far better at 299 and the pro at 399 then they thought. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

What if they feel they can sell every single switch they plan to ship without a price cut? Again nobody expected Sony to be so laid back with the price. Me thinks it sold far better at 299 and the pro at 399 then they thought. 

By that logic than PS4 would never have gotten a price cut in October 2015 or September 2016 or holiday discounts in 2017.

Shipments January-September 2014, 9.0 million

Shipments January-September 2015, 9.4 million

Shipments January-September 2016, 9.7 million

Shipments January-September 2017, 10.4 million

Shipments were up in the first 3 quarters of calendar year 2015 and they still decided to give it a $50 permanent price cut in October followed by an extra $50 off for Black Friday.

Same thing with 2016, shipments were ahead of 2015 yet they decided to do another $50 price cut alongside a new model in the 2nd half of September and a further $50 off during Black Friday.

Once again shipments were up in Q1-Q3 of 2017 and despite this Sony decided to offer a $100 discount for Black Friday week and $50 off for a week in December.

PS4 was selling great at every point throughout its life yet Sony has given it 2 permanent price cuts, 2 revisions and holiday discounts every year so your argument actually supports Switch getting a price cut or lower cost revision.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Keybladewielder said:
xMetroid said:

Someone is using Twitter uh? :p

I learned those expressions from a big pop forum that I frequently visit  

Another ATRL goer I would assume?

John19 said:
Keybladewielder said:

I learned those expressions from a big pop forum that I frequently visit  

Another ATRL goer I would assume?

Yes   

OT: Ouch Dead or Flopping 6 and Left Bombing.

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

What if they feel they can sell every single switch they plan to ship without a price cut?

Again nobody expected Sony to be so laid back with the price. Me thinks it sold far better at 299 and the pro at 399 then they thought. 

They want much bigger sales than Switch was selling in 2018. they probably aiming 100m+ sales with Switch esapcily because they are killing it with their softwares sales, and for such a sales they need price cut and at least one revision, again there is reason why even DS and Wii had price cuts buy its 3rd year on market. PS4 wouldnt also hit 100m without its price cuts and their regular sales/discounts.

Sony did not laid back with PS4 price, despite PS4 was selling great world wide, it had two permanent price cuts and has regular sales and discounts (BF deals with one game for $200), for instance now again have one in Japan until end of March with 5.000 yen price cut.

Only situation where Switch dont getting price cut this year is if Nintendo release low price Switch offer for $200-250 while current model still stays at $300, but dont forget, Switch is currently selling for $300 whithout any game included, so even in case of low price offer we would at least get $300 bundle with one game for current model.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 08 March 2019

any prediction for DMV sales number?