By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Steins; Gate Elite is amazing so far! (No spoilers)

Tagged games:

Since 2014 I got addicted to Visual Novels after the fantastic experience I had with Umineko No Naku Koro Ni.

Some time ago I asked for some VN recommendations, and a lot of people told me that I should play Steins; Gate. I remembered that there was an anime about this game, but I haven't watched it. When I saw that Steins; Gate Elite was coming to PC, I thought that it would be the perfect time for me to finally play it.

I am only 4 hours into the game. I know it's not enough to judge a VN, but I must say that 5pb. and Spike Chunsoft did an amazing job with this one. The game is basically a mix of Visual Novel, with the narration and an anime that you watch while reading. Yeah, I know the scenes are straight from the anime adaptation, but since I never watched it, it's all new for me. There are still gameplay and multiple endings from what I saw.

Yeah, if you never touched Steins; Gate, I would really recommend this one. Great experience.

It's available for Nintendo Switch, PC, Playstaton 4 and Vita.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I have seen the anime, and it's really good, so I'm not surprised to hear the visual novel game is good as well.
Though since I have seen the anime I'm not as inclined to play it to find out what the differences are.

Well, from past experiences, I would say that the Visual Novel is probably longer, more detailed, and has some gameplay that changes the plot.

But I understand your point. It happened to me with Higurashi. I watched the anime a couple of years ago, and I don't feel like reading the VN.