By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EVO 2019 Game Lineup

Oh and here's the Samurai Shodown trailer in 60fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHxLYLwwQVY&feature=youtu.be

I'm really digging the artstyle.

Last edited by Hiku - on 27 February 2019

Around the Network

Good, now it doesn't mean Melee is dead or anything (just being side-staged for other games to shine, people calling Melee dead are completly overreacting) but I'm just glad Ultimate can get all the spotlight it deserves instead of being always sharing it's mind with it's older brother.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I feel this is a good sign for Ultimate. My vision of it is that the community thought Brawl and 4 were not good enough to replace Melee which is why they kept it around along with the new game but for Ultimate it is strong enough to stand on its own and I couldn't agree more! I've watched so many Ultimate Tournament videos since release and this game is so fun to watch.

Signature goes here!

I'd never thought i would see the day EVO dropped Melee.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

We will miss you, KOF ....

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
I'd never thought i would see the day EVO dropped Melee.

Maybe because everyone important won melee except mew2king though it's obvious he wasn't gonna win a melee evo ever  :(

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

Why are some people happy that melee got dropped? I think melee is one of the most exciting fighting games to watch so I'm sad it got dropped.

MrWayne said:

Why are some people happy that melee got dropped? I think melee is one of the most exciting fighting games to watch so I'm sad it got dropped.

Because it’s old and uninteresting 

MasonADC said:
No Melee! Finally Evo sees the light. DBFZ should be a Sunday game though

I think the only reason they went with BBTag over DBFZ was time.  They dropped to 4 games on Sunday and BBTag top 8 plays lightning fast.  Hopefully this means the stream will end BEFORE 2AM Eastern time now.

MrWayne said:

I am happy melee got dropped because I like the idea of Evo remaining contemporary and a 15+ year old game doesn't quite do that.  I would love to see them do another tournament though, an Evo Classic as some people have suggested, where they only go with 15+ year old games.  I think that would be lit.

MrWayne said:

Ultimate is simply the bigger and better game as a spectator sport as it offers what Melee has and more so the's no point in the latter being there especially as Ultimate's recent tournaments have shown a deep meta and it's not even developed yet, Melee at this point is figured out hence why the same people keep making the top 8 even S4 with all its Bayo and Diddy problems had more variation and that says something it also doesn't help that Melee has a community issue where it's a factory for jackasses leading to the Twitter wars today of people trolling the said community.

My only real disappointment in the line up is that Guilty Gear Xrd won't be there as that's been the best showing for the past few years but at least Samurai Shodown and Under Night are int.