By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - There Are No Nice Rich People

You are right.So I highly recommend you give me any money you have saved to prevent you from becoming a scumbag.

You are welcome.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
MasonADC said:

Quick search gave me net worth of 40 million, so pretty rich. And John cena is a good person 

Ok, so it's the ultra rich who are scum then. 40 million isn't ultra rich.

How many ultra rich you know personally?

Judge Judy seems pretty nice in an always very angry way.

Can a mod please lock this thread?
It’s unmeasurable, ignorant and useless hypothetical complaints that won’t lead to any constructive arguments.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

CaptainExplosion said:
Immersiveunreality said:

How many ultra rich you know personally?

Like I said before, I don't need to know them personally, because I know of their bullshit purchases and that they give nothing back.

So when they make a purchase it just blows away in the wind?

Do you grasp how money goes around and does not just dissapear?

Around the Network

A lot of rich people don't get rich by being nice, that's true, though some of them (like Bill Gates) become philanthropists after they become rich. It's hard to deny that putting money first is a good trait to have when it comes to business.

However, that means nothing. When you make a massive generalization like that the burden of proof is ON YOU. That means YOU have to prove that there are no nice rich people, even though it's pretty clear that you really have no idea if that's true or not.

Then again, fuck a lot of corporations that put their investors and executives above the employees out there doing the work. I used to work for a company that gave upper management fat bonuses for cutting employee hours to the bone. This son of a bitch was getting a 50k bonus on top of his salary while telling $9 an hour employees to SIGN OUT when it was slow and WAIT AROUND until it got busy again. Of course, people making a hell of a lot more money than him where the ones telling him to do it but he bent over backwards to "win" each week against other managers in other locations. I mean, how filthy is that, to have your management fight it out to see who can fuck over their employees the most? Yeah, those people fail as human beings and the "but it's their money" excuse doesn't change that. A system that allows that kind of abuse is messed up. It might be legal but it's not right.

Donald Trump donates his salary to worthy causes.

CaptainExplosion said:
SvennoJ said:
Judge Judy seems pretty nice in an always very angry way.

Since when has she been rich? I always thought she was a character on TV who yelled at morons.

https://www.countryliving.com/life/entertainment/a25333111/judge-judy-salary-highest-paid-tv-host/

Her net worth is about $400 million. Yelling at morons pays good money.

Ah, looks like the rich people took the medicines today.

Immersiveunreality said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Like I said before, I don't need to know them personally, because I know of their bullshit purchases and that they give nothing back.

So when they make a purchase it just blows away in the wind?

Do you grasp how money goes around and does not just dissapear?

That's not an absolute argument.  Certainly some of it returns to help the economy but not all of it does by any means.  How many trillions are sitting in offshore tax havens?  How is that helping the economy?  They're not even paying taxes on it.

I once watched an interview with a Republican bank executive, a man who served in Reagan's administration, who said he didn't want a tax break because a few thousand dollars to him wasn't even worth his attention.  He said he'd just give it to his secretary to put in his bank account to draw interest.  That's basically dead money.  

There are a lot ways in which money is simply used to make more money without contributing to the economy in meaningful ways.  Banks make trillions of dollars simply by moving money around.  Look at the way people play the stock market, totally circumventing it's intended purpose as an investment platform.  It's impossible to say that wealth is being redistributed at a healthy rate when an enormous amount of that money is just going into accounts because a small percentage of the population has more than they could possible ever spend.

The system is broken and getting more broken every year.