By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is BioWare near the end?

Are they?

Yes 43 67.19%

No 11 17.19%

Yes, but they will pop-up again outside EA 10 15.63%

Total:64

With andromeda and now anthem looking like flops, will this finally end the BioWare experiment at EA? I’m sure they can’t be happy right now with all the poor press, and I doubt sales are gonna look good as a result. With millions of dollars down the drain and a flawed creative directive, I doubt BioWare sticks for much longer. The identity of anthem was always convoluted and didn’t feel right, and now we know why. It’s too bad, if only EA wasn’t so restrictive and hungry for additional revenue would we still see this studio trive, but nonetheless, it wasn’t meant to be. RIP BioWare.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

How long for *that* dragon age delay?

If EA shuts them down over a game Bioware was never fit to make then that is incredibly sad, my guess is that Bioware will not be shut down if Anthem fails but what EA allows them to do is going to be interesting

Unless they have a new DA planned, that they put some actual effort into makeing into a high quality game....

or they do a remaster of Mass Effect Trilogy, release.

Kotor. They became famous for KoTor. At least to me. We just need a good Kotor prequel/sequel/remake and they would be in good graces again. I'd like to see a prequel game, with showing Reven and Mal. doing the mission where they discover the sith emperor as young Jedi warlords, with them turning dark at the end.

Around the Network

EA and MS destroy studios, I would not be surprised.

Break off and join Bungie? If you can't beat them...

Random_Matt said:
EA and MS destroy studios, I would not be surprised.

You forgot one more

So many classic developers killed by EA. What's one more?

I think they'll make a new dragon age. The last one was a GOTY level title according to critics and it sold well. Now if that was to flop it's bye bye to them. EA will have lost a huge asset. And in this era of trying to convince people to sub to EA access that would be a blow. I wonder will anthem be on access before the year is out.