By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone know how to contact YouTube

Well another update:

they told me to go read their FAQ lol. Cause I haven't done that already.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Cobretti2 said:
Well another update:

they told me to go read their FAQ lol. Cause I haven't done that already.

Good luck bro.

lol yer ill need it they stopped responding now. this their stupid faqs is the answer. there is no answer to immediate fix.

the other issue here is they treat you guilty and strike without reason. You would think evidence be needed to justify a report.

All this does is open floodgates to trolls and scammers to do this to anyone. Your record means nothing to them. 7 years not one bleep and suddenly you are the bad guy?

As someone who lost their YouTube channel to copyright in the past, I can tell you that you have a better chance at finding help at a stranded island than getting anyone in contact from YouTube when it comes to resolving any issues, especially those related to copyright.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
As someone who lost their YouTube channel to copyright in the past, I can tell you that you have a better chance at finding help at a stranded island than getting anyone in contact from YouTube when it comes to resolving any issues, especially those related to copyright.

lol you are not wrong a live event that never aired, video is 0 seconds long and somehow a copyright claim? Didn't know you could copyright nothing lol

If you can't get a hold of them directly you should try to contact Jim Sterling. For real.

As to whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty", that never existed on Youtube in the first place. Their shitty platform, their shitty rules. It has always been guilty until proven innocent.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

If you can't get a hold of them directly you should try to contact Jim Sterling. For real.

As to whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty", that never existed on Youtube in the first place. Their shitty platform, their shitty rules. It has always been guilty until proven innocent.

Yeah, that might actually be a good idea!

Cobretti2 said:
BraLoD said:

Good luck bro.

lol yer ill need it they stopped responding now. this their stupid faqs is the answer. there is no answer to immediate fix.

the other issue here is they treat you guilty and strike without reason. You would think evidence be needed to justify a report.

All this does is open floodgates to trolls and scammers to do this to anyone. Your record means nothing to them. 7 years not one bleep and suddenly you are the bad guy?

Sharing My Experience 

Its pointless to contact youtube for this copyright claims its a well know problem on youtube, even bigger youtuber have suffered due to this but still youtube has no way to protect its creator against this fraud copy right strikes.. the only right path right now is to get hold of them on twitter @YTCreators @TeamYouTube and also tag some Big youtubers so that they could like or retweet your issue which will make those youtube handle not to give you automated response.

I had similar issue i did exactly what i mentioned above and YT responded on twitter and my strike was revoked 

Ultrashroomz said:

Couldn't have said it better

taus90 said:
Cobretti2 said:

Sharing My Experience 

Its pointless to contact youtube for this copyright claims its a well know problem on youtube, even bigger youtuber have suffered due to this but still youtube has no way to protect its creator against this fraud copy right strikes.. the only right path right now is to get hold of them on twitter @YTCreators @TeamYouTube and also tag some Big youtubers so that they could like or retweet your issue which will make those youtube handle not to give you automated response.

I had similar issue i did exactly what i mentioned above and YT responded on twitter and my strike was revoked 

Well i done post that. Tagged @TeamYoutube and they said send a printscreen then they sent a standard response and ignore. Haven't tagged big YouTubers as I have no idea who most are  and of them experienced this issue or would care to retweet lol. 

It seems the company that put you into a strike is an automated copyright protection company hired by YT to police their videos. Sadly, this means you might have to call them. Or visit their HQ or something to that effect. It's not going to be solved through the internet, that much I can tell you.

the system right now there is completely fucked, it's pretty much a joke that companies get 100% of the cash from channels most watched videos because they claim that less than 1% of the video might belong to them and fair use is completely gone from the platform, there is no such thing anymore with the content ID system, you can't dispute why you are using the content... it's just struck instantly, I'm just grateful that we had things like the Nostalgia critic when youtube did allow that sort of channel being there but now I feel bad when I think about some of the older videos that I enjoyed but now think back to which shitty company is claiming ad revenue because they might have included a 5 second clip of some old movie in a 30 minute video.

Given the fact that the content id system can see which portions of the video features content being id'd then if it's a 20minute video with a 10 second portion which is copyright material then I'd be fine with 1/120th of the revenue going to the company as that's the % of the video they're responsible for.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive