By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Miyamotoo said:
Jranation said:

Would Super Mario Maker 2 kill its legs? 

In some degree, main point of NSMBU DX is local Co-Op with 2-4 players, while with Mario Maker is making and playing made levels.

I think Mario Maker 2 is gonna have co-op though. Look at the box art and this promotional art and seriously tell me it won't have it.

Around the Network

I do not think Microsoft is worried about Xbox1 as they are poised to dominate the next generation.

zorg1000 said:
chakkra said:

Wait, what??  You do know that those consoles were competing against the PS1 and PS2, right? 

NES+Master System+Atari 7800-~75 million

SNES+Genesis+Turbografx-~90 million

PS1+N64+Saturn-~145 million

PS2+XB+GC+DC-~210 million

Wii+PS3+360-~275 million

His point stands, selling ~50 million in the mid-late 2010s is not the same as selling that amount in the 80s or 90s. It represented a much larger marketshare back then.

Have you guys factored in inflation and pricing differences in different times? Just saying that there's more factors in play than just the market growing.

animegaming said:
Miyamotoo said:

In some degree, main point of NSMBU DX is local Co-Op with 2-4 players, while with Mario Maker is making and playing made levels.

I think Mario Maker 2 is gonna have co-op though. Look at the box art and this promotional art and seriously tell me it won't have it.

Yeah, you are probably right, and that would be big difference compared to first game.

But again, NSMBU DX offers 2-4 local player.

michael_stutzer said:
I do not think Microsoft is worried about Xbox1 as they are poised to dominate the next generation.

What makes you think that?

Around the Network

I guess I missed the time of the original discussion.

But Switch done good. Almost outsold PS4+X1.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Wasn't 2018 a 5 week January? So Switch did 54k a week last January versus 71k a week this January, I think. A good start to the year for Nintendo.

Dante9 said:
michael_stutzer said:

What makes you think that?

With halo, gears, crackdown and forza. Isnt it obvious ?

Have you guys factored in inflation and pricing differences in different times? Just saying that there's more factors in play than just the market growing.

Yeah. And handheld market size. The population Grow, adjust inflation, new market ( like ocurrs in PS1 era), etc.

Marth said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, you are probably right, and that would be big difference compared to first game.

But again, NSMBU DX offers 2-4 local player.

Nintendos official page currently says this

So numer of players is probably going to be revealed at a later time and it looks very likely to be more than 1.

Yeah, but I dont think we will have 4 local players, most likely 2.