By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR : Nintendo Direct for the Feb. 13th

Miyamotoo said:
Cobretti2 said:

That's just an opinion though. Yes it might be selling but its selling based on what it currently has. Wii was flying too then it died in the arse because there was nothing new coming that catered to new buyers.

Personally I am bored of my switch already. When I look at my PS4, every week there seems to be a new game or two coming out. I may not buy it but there is the option to buy it if I am bored. You get the impression something is always happening on the PS4 that meets everyone's tastes. On Nintendo systems we are at the mercy of Nintendo showing us something as generally 3rd party support is lackluster the last few gens.

That's not exactly true, huge boost in sales Switch recived because launch of Pokemon Lets Go and Smash Bros Ultimate, last month we had NSMBU DX, next month we have Yoshi and next week we are getting Direct with new release dates. Wii died after great fly because it had tons of casuals that left platform after all that motion controls, Wii Sports, Fit...worn off, while on other hand Switch from start is selling to much more core games oriented market.

You are right that that Switch lineup (or for any platform) cant fulfill everyone's taste, but someone can say same thing even for PS4, for isntance, PS4 dont have not much after Days Gone launch, on other hand it seems that Switch will have very packed year when comes to Nintendo games and exclusives and some interesting 3rd party games.

Here is just one link showing 31 games which may be interesting and seem to cater to a wide audience

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/01/04/31-big-playstation-games-coming-in-2019

Throw in the sports games and then you have a lot to pick from.

Yes Nintendo have a bit to show, but I do not care for half of it. For me I have never been into animal crossing, yoshi, Pokemon let's go I played on mobile and got bored. Smash is fun but not as fun as MK or KI. This is just my personal taste.

So fro my perspective the Switch is hitting a dry spell compared to my tastes on PS4. The only way to fix that is to A) hire/buy more studios to make the genres the switch lacks, or B) finally find a way to get more mainstream 3rd party support.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Miyamotoo said:

That's not exactly true, huge boost in sales Switch recived because launch of Pokemon Lets Go and Smash Bros Ultimate, last month we had NSMBU DX, next month we have Yoshi and next week we are getting Direct with new release dates. Wii died after great fly because it had tons of casuals that left platform after all that motion controls, Wii Sports, Fit...worn off, while on other hand Switch from start is selling to much more core games oriented market.

You are right that that Switch lineup (or for any platform) cant fulfill everyone's taste, but someone can say same thing even for PS4, for isntance, PS4 dont have not much after Days Gone launch, on other hand it seems that Switch will have very packed year when comes to Nintendo games and exclusives and some interesting 3rd party games.

Here is just one link showing 31 games which may be interesting and seem to cater to a wide audience

Yes Nintendo have a bit to show, but I do not care for half of it. For me I have never been into animal crossing, yoshi, Pokemon let's go I played on mobile and got bored. Smash is fun but not as fun as MK or KI. This is just my personal taste.

So fro my perspective the Switch is hitting a dry spell compared to my tastes on PS4. The only way to fix that is to A) hire/buy more studios to make the genres the switch lacks, or B) finally find a way to get more mainstream 3rd party support.

That's your own problem though not everyone else's you arguing using your own preference as a basis doesn't paint an accurate picture, before KH3 arrived I hadn't bought a PS4 game in over 3 months it's only now that games are arriving that may interest me and the ones that do are on PC anyway which I'll get on that instead. 

collint0101 said:
Nogamez said:

Wait so your saying its possible for Ubisoft to bang out multiple AC And release other games like farcry inbetween but nintendo cant? Why cant nintendo have two teams working on zelda at any time? I refuse to believe Nintendo is a small company than Ubisoft. Nintendo devolopment teams are just slow and outdated. Not used to working on HD LOL, xbox and sony devolopers are learning 4k loads of graphical effects and VR. Lets face it guys nintendo are stuck in 2006. 

They do have 2 teams working on Zelda and we're probably going get a top down game sooner rather than later but expecting Nintendo to pump out AAA Zelda's every 2 years is just dumb especially if you expect the same quality as BotW. It would limit creativity and has the potential to impact quality. 

I hope we get a top down one soon albw was amazing on 3ds. I dont expect a 3D zelda every year. I just didnt expect them to waste the BotW engine so yeah i did expect something to be coming out after a couple of years. Fuck waiting 6 years again ill just ditch nintendo not worth wasting the money just to play one Zelda game per gen.

Nogamez said:
collint0101 said:

They do have 2 teams working on Zelda and we're probably going get a top down game sooner rather than later but expecting Nintendo to pump out AAA Zelda's every 2 years is just dumb especially if you expect the same quality as BotW. It would limit creativity and has the potential to impact quality. 

I hope we get a top down one soon albw was amazing on 3ds. I dont expect a 3D zelda every year. I just didnt expect them to waste the BotW engine so yeah i did expect something to be coming out after a couple of years. Fuck waiting 6 years again ill just ditch nintendo not worth wasting the money just to play one Zelda game per gen.

It hasn't even been 2 years. Even during the N64 era with way lower production values making Majora's mask in 2 years was pushing it 

collint0101 said:
Nogamez said:

It hasn't even been 2 years. Even during the N64 era with way lower production values making Majora's mask in 2 years was pushing it 

Dude its not 'pushing it' and its 2 years in march since release, but BotW was ready before than, they just needed it for switch release. If ubisoft can make the absolutely stella Black flag one year after AC3 and odeysey and Origins almost back to back both of which are highly praised then why us it pushing it for nintendo unless they have a problem getting software out? Oh wait that sounds familiar hello 2012,12,14,15,16 and 18. 2017 was a great year for Nintendo but 2018 was meh.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
collint0101 said:

The Zelda games would not be the quaility they are now if they came out like you wished them too 

Nogamez said:
collint0101 said:

Dude its not 'pushing it' and its 2 years in march since release, but BotW was ready before than, they just needed it for switch release. If ubisoft can make the absolutely stella Black flag one year after AC3 and odeysey and Origins almost back to back both of which are highly praised then why us it pushing it for nintendo unless they have a problem getting software out? Oh wait that sounds familiar hello 2012,12,14,15,16 and 18. 2017 was a great year for Nintendo but 2018 was meh.

No offence but look at the inconsistent quality of the AC games, BF came after the disastrous AC3 not to mention as an open world game BOTW is very different to AC in approach and what the player does. AC is the typical open world template approach while BOTW is it's own approach utilizing full absolute freedom in what the player chooses to do allowing a structure of the players like so as a result BOTW's approach like GTA and RDR requires a more hand crafted approach in its world building and design which takes far more time compared to AC which just lifts the same type of structure and tasks from prior games and applies it to a new map this why AC comes out so frequently.

Nogamez said:
collint0101 said:

You do realize you're talking about assassin's Creed right? A series that includes classics like ac3 and unity. Zelda is way more comparable to rockstar series. Sony 1st parties are also pretty comparable, if we get horizon 2 before 2021 I'd be shocked 

On average, how many days in advanced does Nintendo announce a Direct before it happens?

Cobretti2 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont think all games mentioned from there are big (for instance Trials Rising, and few I didnt even hear about), saying that, I could easily make similar list for Switch of around "30  big" games that are coming to Switch in 2019. even plenty of 2019. Switch games yet need to be announced.

Thats my point, personal preferences are totally different thing than an accurate picture of market, I get when you say that you specifically don't have much to play on Switch, I just saying that generally speaking situation is quite different.