By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update: 25m Players Now: Apex Legends Has 10 Million Player and 1 Million Concurrent Players

I remember back in the old days when we played real games like Street fighter, Quake and Starcraft, nowadays we getting swamped by cartoonish games like Fortnite, League of legends, Dota 2 and Apex legends.

What is going on

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Kerotan said:
Since my last post I've won another 4 games. In beast mode. 8 kills in the last one.

At most I'll spend $10 on this to buy the battle pass.

Same. While I'm enjoying the game, I'm not going to spend much, if anything on it.

It's just a bad habit to get into. I spent €10 on fortnite, €2 on Rocket League and at most apex gets €10. 

I'm sure EA has microtransactioned this game to hell and back.

Kerotan said:
DonFerrari said:

So these numbers are incredible.

Just shows you don't need years of hype to sell a game. 

that much is true

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Went into the game with no expectations and am thoroughly surprised. I thought after Black Ops 4's BR mode, nothing would satisfy me (couldn't get into PUBG or Fortnite) but Apex is fun. Needs to iron out some issues (footsteps too quiet) with updates but for a free game it's great. I probably won't spend any money on it though.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

I'm sure you haven't played it then. There are 8 characters and you only need to buy 2. The other one is are free off the bat. The 2 you need to buy can be earned in game. I've only played this game for 3 nights now and I can almost buy one of them. 

There's a ton of cosmetic stuff you can buy either with in game credits you earn or paid. This is fair as the devs need to make money. So don't diss this new smash hit without playing it first. 

Kerotan said:
sethnintendo said:

I'm sure you haven't played it then. There are 8 characters and you only need to buy 2. The other one is are free off the bat. The 2 you need to buy can be earned in game. I've only played this game for 3 nights now and I can almost buy one of them. 

There's a ton of cosmetic stuff you can buy either with in game credits you earn or paid. This is fair as the devs need to make money. So don't diss this new smash hit without playing it first. 

Yea okay fair enough.  Was taking a diss at EA.  Sorry I try to avoid EA and believe only picked up 3 of their games (used) since 2000.  Now if they released another General Chaos I'd maybe break my soft boycott and purchase it new.  I'll just leave the thread.  I'm pretty anti online these days anyways.  I don't belong here.

Okay i've been playing this game for the past few hours and I really like it now.

sethnintendo said:
Kerotan said:

Yea okay fair enough.  Was taking a diss at EA.  Sorry I try to avoid EA and believe only picked up 3 of their games (used) since 2000.  Now if they released another General Chaos I'd maybe break my soft boycott and purchase it new.  I'll just leave the thread.  I'm pretty anti online these days anyways.  I don't belong here.

I hate EA as much as you do. But some of their devs like Dice and Respawn are genuinely great. EA do their best to ruin them by rushing their dead lines or forcing them to launch at bad times often before they've even finished the game. 

Kerotan said:
sethnintendo said:

I hate EA as much as you do. But some of their devs like Dice and Respawn are genuinely great. EA do their best to ruin them by rushing their dead lines or forcing them to launch at bad times often before they've even finished the game. 

Jason Shreier said at Resetera that the release date of TF2 by chosen by Respawn themselves. 

Battlefield 1 was supposed to release earlier, but a delay caused it to land right in front of TF2.

Not to defend EA, but in that instance they might not actually be at fault.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.