By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we ever get another 98/100 game on Metacritic?

Will we ever get another 98+ game on Metacritic?

Yes 24 47.06%

No 27 52.94%

Total:51
CaptainExplosion said:
pikashoe said:

Nah. Bad gunplay, ridiculously repetitive and restrictive missions, poor fast travel options and chapter 5 are enough to drag it down a point or two.

Still, not bad for a game made by what almost counts as slavery.

You can say the same for most games made in Japan.

Around the Network

I feel like any random Nintendo game can achieve it with the right amount of hype.

It'll happen again, at some point, I'm sure. We've seen games get close. RDR2 just recently got like a 97, right? When you get up that high, it's really just splitting hairs. If a few of those reviewers have a better breakfast, wake up to nicer weather, or whatever else might put them in a slightly happier place mentally…..bam, you got a 98.

Last of us 2 has a chance, but probably will be 95-97.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Breath of the wild deserved.

Around the Network

Yes I think some day a game will reach 98 again.
Since some mentioned clickbait reviews, I could argue the opposite, back in the days many games got good reviews because of "graphics" or "it's as good as the previous game in the series", I look at you CoD!
In the end I don't care if a game reaches a score of 98 again or not. Alone the fact that GTA 4 was the last one shows how meaningless the score is.

pikashoe said:
Mr.Joker said:

Gunplay was fun,fast travel is a decision design so that you camp a lot and fell like outlaw travelling and care for your horse and they have succeed at it

The Game Have a lot of amazing things that makes you ignore it's negative,also This Game from what i have seen it's not for everyone,you need to play it slow to get the experience 

The gunplay is completely brainless, probably the worst thing in the game, it's astonishing that a triple A release can get away with it in 2018. I like to do that sometimes but I also want to get to where I need to go at a decent pace. Which also brings up the point that moving around the world isn't particularly enjoyable either, with the crappy horse controls.

The game has a lot of fantastic things in it but they do not overcome the massive flaws with the game. I can see this game being re evaluated a lot in the future, it's already begun.

horse control is The best in The industry,anyway i respect your opinion

MrWayne said:

Yes I think some day a game will reach 98 again.
Since some mentioned clickbait reviews, I could argue the opposite, back in the days many games got good reviews because of "graphics" or "it's as good as the previous game in the series", I look at you CoD!
In the end I don't care if a game reaches a score of 98 again or not. Alone the fact that GTA 4 was the last one shows how meaningless the score is.

Lol they also list a pint on Wii because people say the gfx not as good as PS3, or because you had to use motion controls lol.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
The obvious answer is Hitman 3.

This, of course.

Seriously, Its ridiculous how underrated Hitman 2 is. It deserves a 90+ metacritic in my book, one of the best games of the year. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

No, because LoD remake will score 100/100