By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Very pessimistic Switch shipment analyse for 2019

A revision is 100% coming this year.

Around the Network

This news could make sense if Nintendo is producing enough Switch to ship that 20M goal for FY and not meeting demand, meaning sales are not as good as planned. So they'll have so much stock available that they need to slow production for next FY.

I'm not gonna lie. This is in line with what i am saying for a long time, but i'm going to be honest too and say that this article doesn't seem to be very trustful....

Last edited by colafitte - on 27 January 2019

It says production.... Perhaps clearing the way for a "new" switch i lite pro sp?

Digitimes was quite time wrong when comes to Nintendo and Switch, I remember based on their sources Switch supposed to be launch in 2016. for instance.
Also even is somehow is true, there plenty different possibilities, Nintendo most likely releasing Switch revision this year, so those numbers could be only for current Switch model.

There is now way that Nintendo can sell and ship less units this year than they did in 2018, because 2019. Switch lineup looks much stronger, and price cut and revision are very likely.

This is very like a high guy meme

Around the Network

and I oo

Necrobumped one week too early, would have been nice to compare those 14-15M with Nintendos outlook for the upcoming FY in the next quarterly report.

We won't know anything definitive for the year until a month after the mini hits the market. 

NightlyPoe said:
zygote said:

We won't know anything definitive for the year until a month after the mini hits the market. 

Well, we can definitively say that Switch sales are accelerating, not decelerating, compared to last year.

That is true. In terms of general pacing, but concerning end of year projections, all is mute until we see the impact of the mini on the market.

The opening Chinese market coming soon will have a bigger impact than the not confirmed mini.
This was announced last friday, the share has taken 15% in 1 day (but relost 5% at the opening today)