By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kojima visits Guerrilla Games to show Death Stranding to the team

Kojima visits Guerrilla Games to show Death Stranding to the team

At this moment, Hideo Kojima is in Amsterdam, at Guerrilla Games, and showed off the progress he and his team have made on Death Stranding. Managing director Hermen Hulst as well as others at Guerrilla seem to be impressed with what they saw, as Kojima played through the first two hours of the game to demonstrate what they had built. Kojima Productions is collaborating with Guerrilla Games on the Decima Engine, the game engine that powers both studio’s titles. When Kojima started his own studio a few years ago, Hermen Hulst handed him the engine’s code so he could get started right away. That’s how the collaboration between the Dutch and Japanese studio began, and Kojima Productions even set up a satellite studio within Guerrilla Games.

Some reactions from the team:

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=32992

Please close it if already posted. I couldn't find any thread about it.

I'm so excited about this Game, and I can't wait to see gameplay footage. This is my most anticipated Game on PS4, together with The Last of Us Part II.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

so this shows me that kojima was always pro Sony since the ps1 era and it was konami that forced him to put games on other platforms. glad sony managed to get this man on their side for an exclusive

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

ResilientFighter said:
so this shows me that kojima was always pro Sony since the ps1 era and it was konami that forced him to put games on other platforms. glad sony managed to get this man on their side for an exclusive

Lol that doesn't make sense. He's probably showing this to guerrilla games because he's using their engine for Death Stranding.

ResilientFighter said:

Considering the great relation Sony and Kojima have now, I doubt it will be just one exclusive. Anyways that isn't really a bad thing, since Sony usually gives devs a lot of freedom. Which doesn't always pay off, but with Kojima it usually and oddly does. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
ResilientFighter said:

Lol that doesn't make sense. He's probably showing this to guerrilla games because he's using their engine for Death Stranding.

Kojima Production is collaborating with GG on the Decima Engine. 

Kojima played the first 2 hours, and everybody was really impressed. Just wondering when they will show us :D   Anyway, he said the game could come out before the end of 2019. We'll see.

Harriet Tubman.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
BraLoD said:
Guerrilla guys were very cool to approach Kojima asap back then.
Their Decima engine is amazing, and it's nice to see a guy so talented have such great tools, support and comfort to work to his heart's content.
I'm honestly not hyped for Death Strading, I need to know a damn lot more to even get hyped, but I'm happy for both Guerrilla and Kojima.
Guerrilla has really come up to walk alongside the big guys, Horizon was such a massive start, hope Death Stranding turns out great as well.

I'm hyped because I know what Kojima can do, but would be nice to see gameplay footage, at this point I can't wait anymore.

Harriet Tubman.

Decima engine is very impressive.

ResilientFighter said:

Oh no, how dare evil Konami want their games on more than one platform. The horror!