By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff Announcement] New Mod Applications Spring 2019! Deadline: February 17th

LittleSnake said:
RolStoppable said:

Nope. I'll accept an offer to become moderator though.

I don't think you'd be a good mod...no hate or anything

Actually, I think Rol would be great mod.  He knows the rules and the where the lines are.  Honestly, if put in the position, I actually think he would be one of the best mods on here.  He is actually a pretty respectful guy.  

Around the Network
gergroy said:
LittleSnake said:

I don't think you'd be a good mod...no hate or anything

Actually, I think Rol would be great mod.  He knows the rules and the where the lines are.  Honestly, if put in the position, I actually think he would be one of the best mods on here.  He is actually a pretty respectful guy.  

I dunno, I just don't think so 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

The offers usually happen as a result of applying though... just apply for it.  I think this is the time!

I am pretty sure that this time is worse than all the previous times because of my moderation history.

But you are free to apply for me and let them know why I should be a mod.

Moderation history is only part of the equation... There are many aspects that are considered for a moderator role.

Attitude is probably a bigger aspect... (And you haven't set a good example of that if this thread is a gauge.)
In short, just like applying for a job in the real world, you need to sell yourself, not let others do the hard work for you.

At the end of the day... I wouldn't like to see anyone dissuaded from applying, you only live once... If you have a passion for something go for it at full speed, otherwise you will miss out and you will have no one else to blame but yourself.

If you feel you have fallen short this year, that's fine, make an effort, learn from your mistakes, change, improve and strive forwards for next time. (Or don't, entirely up to you.)
But feel free to still submit an application.

Good luck to everyone who has/will put an application in!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Honestly pem thats wishful thinking on your part, they will never ever take rol no matter how good his behaviour is

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Honestly pem thats wishful thinking on your part, they will never ever take rol no matter how good his behaviour is

It's that exact defeatist sentiment as to why some people don't ever change regardless how much time or effort you give them, they would rather just complain than improve.

I assume you put your Application in?

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
kirby007 said:

It's that exact defeatist sentiment as to why some people don't ever change regardless how much time or effort you give them, they would rather just complain than improve.

I assume you put your Application in?

No, its very realistic... people in prime positions hate my guts, even if i wanted i have less chance than Rol.

But that is OK, i bring stuff to the table if i find an issue important and being a mod isnt going to change that. It would probably compromise my bluntness and take the fun out of visiting anyway

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

TalonMan said:
kirby007 said:

Get your application in there, Kirby!!!

My only chance to become mod is if i would suck your dick.

@pem this is exactly the stuff i would give up

kirby007 said:
TalonMan said:

You don't have to give up your sexual habit's Kirby I'm sure you would find someone to accommodate you.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

kirby007 said:
TalonMan said:

You don't have to give up any of that... Trust me. *Looks at Ryuu*

TalonMan said:
And btw, @RolStoppable - there are people in that round actually voting Machina for LAST!!!! Machina!!! Who has single-handedly been keeping the software sales charts going for the past umpteenth years (if I told you how much work was needed EVERY DAMN WEEK to get those charts up, you would be shocked and disgusted!!) - and yet, he's got a couple of last place votes?!?!?!?

But please - let's worry about Rol not getting first place votes from staff members...

Are you implying that Rol isn't as important as Machina? Hm ... for some reason I find that hard to wrap my head around ...