By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Now: The Netflix Of Gaming Coming To More Regions Of Europe

Azzanation said:

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Not only that, but how do you as a hardcore gamer who spends a lot of time on a video game forum entirely about video game news, not know that Playstation Now is available outside of Europe? I mean, what????? I don't even use the service and I know just from having a PS4 that it's available in the U.S., they advertise it all the time! LMAO! 

Maybe because I am too busy playing video games and I don't chase these types of information. But nice to know you know this info. Maybe you can message me later when its available in my region. 

And sorry to disappoint you, I don't spend a lot of my time on these forums. Seems you are though.

I'm not trying to be rude, but c'mon man ... there is quite literally no excuse for thinking that a service as publicized as PlayStation Now isn't available in the U.S.. You would hear it all over the gaming news! This is just common knowledge! 

Maybe you just shouldn't try to make faulty points about things if you don't actively know about them, aye? 

Around the Network

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I'm not trying to be rude, but c'mon man ... there is quite literally no excuse for thinking that a service as publicized as PlayStation Now isn't available in the U.S.. You would hear it all over the gaming news! This is just common knowledge! 

Maybe you just shouldn't try to make faulty points about things if you don't actively know about them, aye? 

That's nice its available in the US, however the US does not benefit me nor the world for that matter.

I only knew it was in beta stage in the US, I did not hear about its full release, and again good on those gamers who have access to it. PSNow has a long way to go to cover the globe and I don't know if it will ever reach low gaming market countries like the one I am living in right now. 

Intrinsic said:

And your problem is that you are basing this all off on "potential" as opposed to actual action.

I never said sony did it first, hell sony bought gaikai who were doing this and basically used that as the basis of their streaming backbone (PSVue, PSshare and PSnow). 

Now I never also said that MS may not end up doing it better, but right now that is not the case. PSnow is simply a more mature version right now of the very service MS is pushing with gamepass. And that has more to do with sony having done this very specific thing for longer than MS.

If we are looking purely at potential, playstation shouldn't even exist as long as MS is in gaming. MS simply has more money and resources and a far better grip on software than sony will ever have. Android shouldn't exist because MS was making mobile OSs long before android became a thing.... and neither should iOS. 

I don't know what it is or why, but for all their knowhow, talk, promises and potential MS has historically and repeatedly come late to the party on every single tech innovation over the last 20yrs. Hell even nvidia started a streaming service before MS got in on it too. At one point MS didnt even consider gaming as somethin they should even pursue..... I mean just look no further than steam. That is the single biggest slap to the face of MS that there is and something that should make you think twice at lookin at MS (of all companies) when it comes to potential.

So feel free to make whatever connections you want on how much potential and resources MS has t make a  go of it. I on the other hand will believe more on what I can see right now.

And the fact of the matter is this, how ever bad you think PSnow is because of the regions they are in or the quality of their service....... right now Gamepass is worse.  I honestly cant even believe you are having a debate with me over something that can be vs something that already is. Like there is so much more to this tha wht you seem to be focused n.

I mean lets look at market penetration. If streaming based gaming is to become a major thing (and I dont think it will) and both sony and MS are offerin an identical service with identical third party support and their own influx of exclusive software, who do you think will do better globally? Or let me be more specific, who do you think will do better in EU and Japan?

I am not going to bite on majority of your post here. 

But I will answer afew of your debates, because why not.

1st) I suggest you look up MS more often, they work globally with a lot of teams for building and futuring there products etc. They have an amazing research centre I suggest you read up on it.

2nd) MS makes money off Steam, hence why MS actually releases and publishes there very own games on Steam. So if that's the slap in the face for MS than there doing pretty good. There negatives still make them money. 

3rd) Hmm so globally is all about Europe and Japan to you? How about majority of the English speaking countries? I can see MS taking control in majority of those places (If they do this right of course) and who even knows if Sony can afford to expand PSNow to the rest of the world? We know Azure is already world wide, Yes including low gaming market countries and they already have the foundations like GamePass and Play-Anywhere available for it so I am basing this off potential and there infrastructure. 

I am also not against PSNow, I think its doing great but I wont go as far as calling it the Netflix of gaming, neither is xCloud.. not yet. I would rather wait and see before writing articles calling it The Netflix of Gaming because MS mentioned Netflix in a recent article. But I am not you, you do you, I do me. You can call it what you want.

Azzanation said:

am not going to bite on majority of your post here. 

But I will answer afew of your debates, because why not.

1st) I suggest you look up MS more often, they work globally with a lot of teams for building and futuring there products etc. They have an amazing research centre I suggest you read up on it.  

Again using "potential" to dispute actual results. In case you don't know they all have teams working or future projects and initiatives. Doesnt change the fact that MS are late to the party every single time. More a big deal when you consider that they usually are actually ahead of the curve on the components that actually go into making those innovations. Its like having the right screwdriver to take out a screw but not thinking to use it. 

Azzanation said: 

2nd) MS makes money off Steam, hence why MS actually releases and publishes there very own games on Steam. So if that's the slap in the face for MS than there doing pretty good. There negatives still make them money. 

At least you agree its a negative. MS can make money off steam. That was not the point, the point was that if MS was as forward thinking as you think steam, android, playstation....etc wouldn't even exist. Hell it took them 18yrs to realize that having a good amount of first party studios to make exclusives for your platform to help differentiate it from the competition was important? With all the money and resources they have.........

Azzanation said: 

3rd) Hmm so globally is all about Europe and Japan to you? How about majority of the English speaking countries? I can see MS taking control in majority of those places (If they do this right of course) and who even knows if Sony can afford to expand PSNow to the rest of the world? We know Azure is already world wide, Yes including low gaming market countries and they already have the foundations like GamePass and Play-Anywhere available for it so I am basing this off potential and there infrastructure. 

NA
PS4: 28M
XB1: 24M

ROW
PS4: 63M
XB1: 16M

Thats how you should look at it. Why? Because games are not movies. English speaking has absolutely zero relevance here. 

And there you go again...... potential.

Azzanation said: 

I am also not against PSNow, I think its doing great but I wont go as far as calling it the Netflix of gaming, neither is xCloud.. not yet. I would rather wait and see before writing articles calling it The Netflix of Gaming because MS mentioned Netflix in a recent article. But I am not you, you do you, I do me. You can call it what you want.

I am not calling PSnow netflix of gaming. I am saying that for MS t describe themselves as such is premature and baseless especially when right now their direct competitor actually has more of a right to even use such a monicker.

I am saying that of the two companies sony is closer to calling themselves the netflix of gaming than MS. And this is going off the current state of both their services.

I am saying that MS coming out and saying nonsense like that is just typical PR hyperbole. Kinda like saying the most powerful console in the world (duh you are cming a year later and for $100 more of course you will be more powerful). At least their console claim was true and real..... their netflix claim is based on nothing.

Intrinsic said:

1) Again using "potential" to dispute actual results. In case you don't know they all have teams working or future projects and initiatives. Doesnt change the fact that MS are late to the party every single time. More a big deal when you consider that they usually are actually ahead of the curve on the components that actually go into making those innovations. Its like having the right screwdriver to take out a screw but not thinking to use it.

2) At least you agree its a negative. MS can make money off steam. That was not the point, the point was that if MS was as forward thinking as you think steam, android, playstation....etc wouldn't even exist. Hell it took them 18yrs to realize that having a good amount of first party studios to make exclusives for your platform to help differentiate it from the competition was important? With all the money and resources they have.........

3) NA

PS4: 28M
XB1: 24M

ROW
PS4: 63M
XB1: 16M

Thats how you should look at it. Why? Because games are not movies. English speaking has absolutely zero relevance here. 

And there you go again...... potential.

4) I am not calling PSnow netflix of gaming. I am saying that for MS t describe themselves as such is premature and baseless especially when right now their direct competitor actually has more of a right to even use such a monicker.

I am saying that of the two companies sony is closer to calling themselves the netflix of gaming than MS. And this is going off the current state of both their services.

5) I am saying that MS coming out and saying nonsense like that is just typical PR hyperbole. Kinda like saying the most powerful console in the world (duh you are cming a year later and for $100 more of course you will be more powerful). At least their console claim was true and real..... their netflix claim is based on nothing.

1) You say MS are late to the Party every single time? Could you give other examples here? Because from my memory as a tiny example is Live come out before PSN, just saying so your wording is wrong. You clearly stated every single time. Now I am intrigue. Do you have examples?

2) I agree that Steam is what it is, Valve beat everyone to the punch when it comes to online digital gaming. Its ironic that Steam was created by ex MS employees as well. Good on them, I love Steam. You say it took MS 18 years to realize that the brand needed exclusives.. were you gaming last generation? Or are you ignoring the 360's existence?

3) So you bring up this generation of sales stats on who's more dominate this gen? That's nice, but ill be guessing with your very own logic that last generation has no bearing with the 360 sales either? That's no different to you saying Nintendo will never dominate the market because you are looking at the WiiU sales, only to be proven wrong that the Wii which came before it and Switch which came after it changed there fortunes. I guess MS will never dominate the world of gaming because of the X1 sales.. sure you are entitled to your opinions. But that's just being silly and a very poor argument.

4) MS will release there streaming service when its ready, and ill assume that they will release it as a world wide service not just in the USA and Europe. There infrastructure is a lot bigger than whatever Sony's network is right now and its already being accessed by the world and  being prepped ready to go for Streaming. MS's claims of Netflix of Gaming makes more sense because they are actually able to provide the infrastructure to do so. Just because PSNow is operating now means little because its not competing with anything atm. Will see how it goes once the bigger fish hit the same scene. 

5) Sony has said the same things with the PS2/PS3/PS4 and Pro claiming the most powerful consoles, and the sad truth was Sony's previous systems were outperformed by there competitors. PS4 is the first Sony console which lived up to the power hype but the Pro brought it back down again when Mark Cerny said the Pro can be a 8TF console by halving the Floats just so they can say they have more TF than the X.

https://segmentnext.com/2016/10/21/mark-playstation-4-pro-8-4-teraflops/

Where is that 8.4TF Pro Sony were bragging about? 

If you are going to have a dig at a console brand, keep in mind the brand you follow does the exact same crap, and in some instances, even worse.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 26 January 2019

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

1) You say MS are late to the Party every single time? Could you give other examples here? Because from my memory as a tiny example is Live come out before PSN, just saying so your wording is wrong. You clearly stated every single time. Now I am intrigue. Do you have examples?

2) I agree that Steam is what it is, Valve beat everyone to the punch when it comes to online digital gaming. Its ironic that Steam was created by ex MS employees as well. Good on them, I love Steam. You say it took MS 18 years to realize that the brand needed exclusives.. were you gaming last generation? Or are you ignoring the 360's existence?

3) So you bring up this generation of sales stats on who's more dominate this gen? That's nice, but ill be guessing with your very own logic that last generation has no bearing with the 360 sales either? That's no different to you saying Nintendo will never dominate the market because you are looking at the WiiU sales, only to be proven wrong that the Wii which came before it and Switch which came after it changed there fortunes. I guess MS will never dominate the world of gaming because of the X1 sales.. sure you are entitled to your opinions. But that's just being silly and a very poor argument.

4) MS will release there streaming service when its ready, and ill assume that they will release it as a world wide service not just in the USA and Europe. There infrastructure is a lot bigger than whatever Sony's network is right now and its already being accessed by the world and  being prepped ready to go for Streaming. MS's claims of Netflix of Gaming makes more sense because they are actually able to provide the infrastructure to do so. Just because PSNow is operating now means little because its not competing with anything atm. Will see how it goes once the bigger fish hit the same scene. 

5) Sony has said the same things with the PS2/PS3/PS4 and Pro claiming the most powerful consoles, and the sad truth was Sony's previous systems were outperformed by there competitors. PS4 is the first Sony console which lived up to the power hype but the Pro brought it back down again when Mark Cerny said the Pro can be a 8TF console by halving the Floats just so they can say they have more TF than the X.

Where is that 8.4TF Pro Sony were bragging about? 

If you are going to have a dig at a console brand, keep in mind the brand you follow does the exact same crap, and in some instances, even worse.

You are really showing how little you grasp these things or how much you misconstrue facts.

1. Every single time is  for emphasis. But I`ll give you examples where MS either were late "to the party" or dropped the ball so much that it allowed someone else come in and pretty much bully them out of a sector. You can go figure out how in all these cases. Console gaming, Instant Game Library on network services, Steam, Windows Mobile vs Android/iOS, Online game streaming, game developers

2.  Lol 360..... MS main push with the 360 wasn't about getting exclusives..... it was about taking them away from sony and making games that were usually exclusive to playstation become multiplatform. Which major exclusives did the 360 have outside wht has become the usual suspects? Gears, Halo and Forza.  Everyone knows that the 360 lived and died on it being the primary platform for multiplatforms. The very fact that MS has bought 7+ studios in the last 12 months alone to ramp up exclusive production for the next Xbox should tell you everything you need to know.

3. And that point went right over your head. The point isn't that the PS4 dominated this gen.... its that Playstation is a much bigger brand than Xbox. And that is made obvious by its ROW performance. That was to tell you that a Playstation game streaming service has a better chance of doing well due to the reach of the playstation brand compared to Xbox.

Feel free to use the 360/PS3 gens numbers if you want. You will notice that its the same thing, MS does well in one territory in particular and poorly everywhere else.

4. Lol..... again....potential. when will you learn? When the bigger fish hits the same scene?

What god has being the bigger fish in everything done for MS? It didn't stop apple, google, playstation, steam.....etc. Or is MS not the bigger fish with regards to resources and whatnot when it comes t consoles, operating systems, browsers.....etc?  

5. Oh pls...... 

And Cerny didn't promise 8TF. He said it is capable of ding 8TF of half precision. Which is true. And tht is not why he said it...... sigh nvm, that you even think that makes me see how pointless this is lol. Because anyone with a lick of sense will know that the XB1X can also d half precision too. And it has 12TF of that. So how or why wuld he be using that to dispute something the XB1X can also do?????  

Yeah bro what exclusives did the 360 have outside of those three big name hugely successful exclusive franchises?

It's great news. Yet, you don't really need to wait Sony to come to your country to enjoy PS Now, I first suscribed to PS Now back in 2015 while I was in France and wasn't available outside of NA. I think it's the best way to play games through streaming, only 5mb internet connection needed to play, great performance, no issues at all, very great library (I played all 3 Uncharted games through PS Now).

Intrinsic said:

You are really showing how little you grasp these things or how much you misconstrue facts.

1. Every single time is  for emphasis. But I`ll give you examples where MS either were late "to the party" or dropped the ball so much that it allowed someone else come in and pretty much bully them out of a sector. You can go figure out how in all these cases. Console gaming, Instant Game Library on network services, Steam, Windows Mobile vs Android/iOS, Online game streaming, game developers

2.  Lol 360..... MS main push with the 360 wasn't about getting exclusives..... it was about taking them away from sony and making games that were usually exclusive to playstation become multiplatform. Which major exclusives did the 360 have outside wht has become the usual suspects? Gears, Halo and Forza.  Everyone knows that the 360 lived and died on it being the primary platform for multiplatforms. The very fact that MS has bought 7+ studios in the last 12 months alone to ramp up exclusive production for the next Xbox should tell you everything you need to know.

3. And that point went right over your head. The point isn't that the PS4 dominated this gen.... its that Playstation is a much bigger brand than Xbox. And that is made obvious by its ROW performance. That was to tell you that a Playstation game streaming service has a better chance of doing well due to the reach of the playstation brand compared to Xbox.

Feel free to use the 360/PS3 gens numbers if you want. You will notice that its the same thing, MS does well in one territory in particular and poorly everywhere else.

4. Lol..... again....potential. when will you learn? When the bigger fish hits the same scene?

What god has being the bigger fish in everything done for MS? It didn't stop apple, google, playstation, steam.....etc. Or is MS not the bigger fish with regards to resources and whatnot when it comes t consoles, operating systems, browsers.....etc?  

5. Oh pls...... 

And Cerny didn't promise 8TF. He said it is capable of ding 8TF of half precision. Which is true. And tht is not why he said it...... sigh nvm, that you even think that makes me see how pointless this is lol. Because anyone with a lick of sense will know that the XB1X can also d half precision too. And it has 12TF of that. So how or why wuld he be using that to dispute something the XB1X can also do?????  

Your post is full of so many pot holes I can easily dig out them but ill be here all day, including you basically saying the 360 had barely any exclusives of there own aside from the big 3, that alone puts you in the bracket of "You don't know what you are talking about" and don't give me the "The point went over my head" reply because that's exactly what you have typed.

And you believe that Cerny would come out of no where to throw out 8.4tf number for the Pro close to the launch of the X1X.. especially when it has no baring on the games. you do the maths there but its clearly oblivious why.  And again you are basing this off sales not Potential which to me is the problem. All I have to do is use Nintendo to counter your argument with the Sales graph. Wii sold world wide and dominated the market, next system the WiiU was a giant flop in sales, so by your logic the Switch wouldn't dominate the market because of the failed WiiU.. no different to XB2 having the potential to dominate the world next gen but because of the XB1 it wont. That's not how it works. PS5 could be a giant flop and so could the XB2, we don't know who is going to dominate the market next gen but it seems you have already made that assumption.

I am going to end this debate with you now as we are going around in circles. Ill leave it with we agree to disagree. If you want to continue than PM me.

twintail said:
SKMBlake said:
It's great news. Yet, you don't really need to wait Sony to come to your country to enjoy PS Now, I first suscribed to PS Now back in 2015 while I was in France and wasn't available outside of NA. I think it's the best way to play games through streaming, only 5mb internet connection needed to play, great performance, no issues at all, very great library (I played all 3 Uncharted games through PS Now).

I suppose it would be possible to download the PS4 games and use them on another account?

Don't know, I mostly played through PS Now on my PS TV when there were no PS4 games (and no download option) so can't tell.