By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo's AA 3DS developers deliver this year?

Mar1217 said:
You don't have to look further much than Kirby Star Allies or Yoshi's Wolly World to know they can do technical marvels with the tools in hand !

Good-Feel is more of a console developer.

2008-Wario Land: Shake It (Wii)

2010-Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

2015-Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)

2019-Yoshi's Crafted World (NSW)

Their handheld support mostly consists of educational games on DS and Streetpass games & old ports on 3DS.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has noticed this. But...

Fire Emblem
Poke'mon
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion

Have all either been traditionally handheld titles, or had their last (mainline) major entry on a handheld. In other words they were all 3DS games. 

Will these games all translate well to Switch? Will the developers be able to go from AA development to AAA development smoothly?

What do you guys think? 

Of those options, I sincerely believe that all will go well. They are quality franchises with experience on consoles. Although this will be a lot bigger.

Luigi's Mansion is basically coming home.

Animal Crossing will likely struggle the most as its past console games were meh imo.

Pokemon: releasing Let's Go will probably  result in some refinement.

Fire Emblem: The GCN title was great. I think it will transfer. They have done a fair amount of innovation over the last few entries, so they arent shy about trying new things.