By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK charts - Week ending 19 January 2019 - New: Ace Combat 7, Travis Strikes Again

"Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown just posted its biggest UK launch.

The Bandai Namco flight game debuts at No.2 in the UK physical charts. It's the first game in the series since 2014's Ace Combat Infinity. The franchise debuted in 1995.

The game was most popular on PS4, with 76 per cent of sales coming on Sony's platform. The PS4 version features an added VR mode.

Despite its impressive start, the title couldn't topple New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe from No.1. The Nintendo Switch game retains its top position despite a 43 per cent drop in sales week-on-week.

Ace Combat aside, it's a typical quiet January week for UK games retail. FIFA 19 tumbles to No.4 with a 33 per cent sales drop, Red Dead Redemption 2 holds No.3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is still No 4.

Last weeks new release Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition drops from No.9 to No.32 after a 71 per cent sales fall.

The market starts to pick up from this week, with the arrival of Resident Evil 2. In fact, ahead of the arrival of RE2, Resident Evil 7 has returned to the charts at No.28.

Over the next few weeks, the big games coming to market include Kingdom Hearts III, Far Cry: New Dawn, Metro Exodus and Crackdown 3."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-20-uk-charts-ace-combat-7-breaks-franchise-records-but-mario-holds-no-1

Around the Network

For whatever reason I thought Travis Strikes Again would be an eShop exclusive so I was a bit surprised to see it in the chart. And I also discovered that it's a full price game, which I don't think it should be at all. Despite some not so good impressions I've seen I do want to try it but not for 60 bucks.

forest-spirit said:
For whatever reason I thought Travis Strikes Again would be an eShop exclusive so I was a bit surprised to see it in the chart. And I also discovered that it's a full price game, which I don't think it should be at all. Despite some not so good impressions I've seen I do want to try it but not for 60 bucks.

It's not a full-price title, it retails at 40 bucks

Man ... that Travis Strikes Again performance is embarrassing. I'm not surprised but jesus.

Didn't expect Mario U to hold at #1

Around the Network

"The game was most popular on PS4, with 76 per cent of sales coming on Sony's platform. The PS4 version features an added VR mode."

I will acknowledge that pound for pound the PS4 version is a better value with the VR mode added, but I am still blown away by that console share breakdown.

This of course makes me anxious to see if the Kingdom Hearts 3 split will be anywhere close to this. Apart from the obvious 100% PS4 share for KH3 in Japan, I have an feeling that people will be shocked by that split worldwide. I feel like even if it was only on Switch and Xbox One, the Switch split would still blow Xbox away.

andisart said:
forest-spirit said:

It's not a full-price title, it retails at 40 bucks

I suppose it's different from store to store then. The store I usually buy from sell it for $60.

The top 10 on the Switch are all Nintendo published games, nice to see ppl are buying the 3rd party published games /s

GProgrammer said:
The top 10 on the Switch are all Nintendo published games, nice to see ppl are buying the 3rd party published games /s

Since this is the UK. Im assuming lots of people who have a Switch have a PS4 or X1. Soooo maybe they bought the 3rd party games on those console. Which would make sense since it will play better on those consoles. Unless portability is important to them. They would go for the Switch. 

Pocky Lover Boy!