By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Machinima shuts down their Youtube channel, leaving all videos permanently privated

The copyright system is seriously broken. If you get a copyright claim you can disagree with it and it will takes a month to get an answer.

If that was the issue it wasn't that big of a problem but you can only disagree with a claim a time so if you have 50 videos copyright claims over night it will take + 4 years before it is fixed so you basically give up.

Last edited by konnichiwa - on 19 January 2019

Around the Network

I believe there is a user on here that uses Machinima so was confused considering never watch youtube channels. I don't even know how to pronounce the damn word correctly. Is that a chin or a chi then nima.

Damn that is a shame

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

shikamaru317 said:
sethnintendo said:
I believe there is a user on here that uses Machinima so was confused considering never watch youtube channels. I don't even know how to pronounce the damn word correctly. Is that a chin or a chi then nima.

It's pronounced:

Ma, pronounced like the ma in grandma

Shin, like the front of the bone between your knee and foot

A, pronounced like Awww or ah

Ma, same Ma sound as before

Ah now I get it.  Thanks.  Guess Machinima looks better than Mashinama.  Although Mashinama would be a good name for a Smash channel.  I'm sure it is already taken.

Huh. The first time I've heard of them was yesterday, because I watched a video about them that Youtube recommended to me.

It must have been a sign...

Around the Network

I'm no expert, but isn't the copyright system on Youtube basically guilty until proven innocent? People and companies can easily flag, and instead of the claim going through multiple processes over the course of days, you get instantly claimed and then YOU have to be the one to provide evidence and wait on the system to respond ...

If true, that's fucked up.

Well, that certainly sucks for fans of the channel, as well as for all the people that worked on the videos over the years. This is why I've made a habit of downloading yt videos I like, and think I'll want to watch again, as often as possible.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm no expert, but isn't the copyright system on Youtube basically guilty until proven innocent? People and companies can easily flag, and instead of the claim going through multiple processes over the course of days, you get instantly claimed and then YOU have to be the one to provide evidence and wait on the system to respond ...

I think that's pretty much accurate.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Yups :)    Copyright claims happens a lot when you are negative about something, it is a scare strategy from companies because when you disagree with them and want to solve it in a month by youtube;....at the end of that month the claim surprisingly dissapears.

The end of another classic channel. Meh, as long as AVGN content is fine, i'm fine.