By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I don't care what anyone says. Xbox customer support is awesome!

Yeah, their customer service is pretty good, the times I dealt with them.

Its all thanks to RROD.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

lol @ your Star Wars Story. The worst part about that customer service is they make it seem as if they’re bending over backwards to accomodate you, even if the problem was on their end. And then they don’t even really refund you, they put the money into your digital wallet, meaning they’ll eventually get it anyway.

Nintendo has amazing support as well. I had to replace my Switch for a battery issue right around Christmas and my unit was like 4 days out of warranty and they replaced it for free anyway.

And on Microsoft’s side they had a Horizon 3 sale last year and I bought it and the non-Hot Wheels DLC then a couple weeks later they had the complete edition on sale for like half the price I’d paid for the game and one DLC. One chat with an online agent and it was all refunded and I bought it much cheaper.

Baddman said:
yes agreed my kids made purchases on Roblox that I didn't notice until months after when their mom told me she is constantly getting emails about purchases and I got a refund no hassle at all. meanwhile, Sony refused to give me a refund when they banned my IP a week after I renewed my psplus subscription

Don't talk to me about Roblox. 2 weeks of emailing and live chat back and forth with customer support to get my kids Roblox account unlocked. Useless tits.

Sony gave me a refund when I bought GT Sport digital edition and it turned out I had to redownload the whole game to switch. I said I'll stick to the physical version and got my money back no problem.

Microsoft. I had to make a MS account for my kids laptop. Apparently I typed in the password wrong on creation, couldn't figure out the typo and could not use it straight from get go. Impossible to recover or reset since it had no activity yet. Screw Cortana, useless cunt. I made another one with @outlook.com instead of @hotmail.com. And the hoops I had to jump through so he could play Minecraft on his friend's server. Create a MS family, then guess which settings where to allow him to play with 'strangers'. Now it doesn't work anyway as Minecraft keeps returning an error that his account is already logged in on that server from a different device. It is not, lies.

Best customer support, Amazon.com. Package not arrived, no problem, they send it again. I never had any issues with them.

My isp, a nightmare! Well the customer support is helpful, but I need them far too often.

SvennoJ said:
Baddman said:
yes agreed my kids made purchases on Roblox that I didn't notice until months after when their mom told me she is constantly getting emails about purchases and I got a refund no hassle at all. meanwhile, Sony refused to give me a refund when they banned my IP a week after I renewed my psplus subscription

Don't talk to me about Roblox. 2 weeks of emailing and live chat back and forth with customer support to get my kids Roblox account unlocked. Useless tits.

Sony gave me a refund when I bought GT Sport digital edition and it turned out I had to redownload the whole game to switch. I said I'll stick to the physical version and got my money back no problem.

Microsoft. I had to make a MS account for my kids laptop. Apparently I typed in the password wrong on creation, couldn't figure out the typo and could not use it straight from get go. Impossible to recover or reset since it had no activity yet. Screw Cortana, useless cunt. I made another one with @outlook.com instead of @hotmail.com. And the hoops I had to jump through so he could play Minecraft on his friend's server. Create a MS family, then guess which settings where to allow him to play with 'strangers'. Now it doesn't work anyway as Minecraft keeps returning an error that his account is already logged in on that server from a different device. It is not, lies.

Best customer support, Amazon.com. Package not arrived, no problem, they send it again. I never had any issues with them.

My isp, a nightmare! Well the customer support is helpful, but I need them far too often.

Well, I guess I went straight to Microsoft about the issue and that may be why the experience was different. I didn't think about contacting Roblox support. Another issue I had with Sony was when My og ps4 HDMI port went bad they refused to fix it claiming wear and tear. In the end, I ended up trading it in to Gamestop and putting towards the star wars ps4 pro bundle

I had an issue with my Xbox Elite controller 2 years ago. I went into MS store in Bethesda and got it replaced for free and came back home with Fifa 17 & Gears 4 for a bargain, the year they released.
I always had a good run in with their customer service. I always got refunded for my digital purchases.

They also got the best in store game sales.

Around the Network

It REALLY depends on who's on the other end of the line. Idiots and jerks can sneak in anywhere. I've had to deal with couple a**holes from both Sony and Samsung, who also both happened to be fairly ignorant of the products they were supposed to be able to help customers with. The one rude Samsung CSR also sent my brand new tv to the wrong repair shop, which I only found out about from the next CSR I talked to. The Playstation CSR I dealt with had to resolve an issue with Super Stardust Delta on the Vita when I bought it on launch day. I probably, about four or five times, had to correct him in his lack of knowledge about how the Vita worked. Upon the final correction, he mumbled something, then hung up on me. I called back and immediately asked for a supervisor, who fixed Vita my problem, and said he would find out who I talked to initially and deal with them. Other than that, I've had nothing but good experiences with them, and Norton too. Never had to call MS in the roughly 3 years I had an XB,or the 11 months I had a 360.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

mjk45 said:
d21lewis said:

Yeah. We do that when I buy her games using my Xbox. I failed to mention that I bought RDR as a digital gift. I was still able to get the refund. Yeah, I did pay for it. I know it wasn't free at all but it was still $60 I didn't expect to have. 

Also, I plan on buying the digital deluxe version so I'm still paying a little on top of the $60 I got back. Basically, I'm full of blarney.

Good for you ,but why are you telling us, I know you love your anecdotes but that's all  it is, for every good story you can find a bad one and that applies to all three customer service teams, sometimes the difference between a good or bad outcome can come down to who happens to pick up the call, and I know because that what happened to me first call dismissed second call different person fixed. Now you've given me a headache because I can't decide if they have good or bad customer service, d2lewis hand me the headache tablets.

Why are we telling each other anything at any time? =)

And this is an anecdote, but the quality of MS customer support is quite awesome: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/gaming-console-tech-support-showdown,review-4687.html

OT: My own experience has been pretty great aswell. When my X1X broke down, I got it fixed through Xbox support within a few days, free of charge. The only negative thing I can think of in that case was that I would have wanted a report that stated the exact issue that they had fixed for future reference.

Puppyroach said:
mjk45 said:

Good for you ,but why are you telling us, I know you love your anecdotes but that's all  it is, for every good story you can find a bad one and that applies to all three customer service teams, sometimes the difference between a good or bad outcome can come down to who happens to pick up the call, and I know because that what happened to me first call dismissed second call different person fixed. Now you've given me a headache because I can't decide if they have good or bad customer service, d2lewis hand me the headache tablets.

And this is an anecdote, but the quality of MS customer support is quite awesome: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/gaming-console-tech-support-showdown,review-4687.html

OT: My own experience has been pretty great aswell. When my X1X broke down, I got it fixed through Xbox support within a few days, free of charge. The only negative thing I can think of in that case was that I would have wanted a report that stated the exact issue that they had fixed for future reference.

The good for you why are you telling us line , is to stop people like me posting stuff like this. to all those interested I have itchy balls and I'm about to scratch them. photos for sale if anyone's interested.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Puppyroach said:
mjk45 said:

During our testing, we initiated three separate tech support calls for each company, and sought answers to our three questions on each company's website and social media accounts.

Great sample size lol. Journalism these days. My experience with MS web support has been quite disappointing over the years. I can't remember if I ever clicked yes to "was this generic basic info stuff helpful" Not that the others are any better. Google is your friend, message boards are way more useful to find specific solutions.

I've never seen a MS store though, perhaps they are awesome. Too far away. I bought a second hand 360 for 25 bucks when mine broke again. Easier. My initial 360 and ps3 got fixed through store warranty, which took a long time, just for them to break again a few months later. Useless. So when my Wii broke, got a second hand one, 360 broke again, second hand one. At least with second hand machines you know they've been beta tested!

Anyway Google, reddit or some other message board usually has the correct and specific answer to any problems. No hold times, no waiting for live agents, no closing hours, every problem has already been experienced and solved by someone else, just got to know what to search for.