By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie splits with Activision, keeps Destiny IP

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

YESKfmkdmnkdsfanmfdasnmi ksfdan piefvpmn iefarn piklfedmak plnedfabmlkp,. mlp. ,oeftdbgralop['edafrg[mlo,p defbgaplo,[ [lo,bbgkfmgbfgbdmfgmbkmkl, bdfgm ,k.l
gbl,;'gbfsl,;
fgbl,o
.fgsbl;,p.
dfgsblp;,.
dfsbgl;,sdgfbl,p;
.sdgl
;o,ofmebiopfdmbpodfgbpomdfgmpokdgvbzmpoldgbmlop kdzbmlo,p dfblpm, dfgbm,lo[df
[l,; fd
dfbl
dfblm [dfbg lm[
dfbl [m
.dbfgl dfgbl[o
m dbg[mlo

What he said.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
VAMatt said:
Generally speaking, I see the devs having more freedom as a good thing. But, I don't think this necessarily means they have more freedom. They've now lost their deep pocketed sugar daddy, and gotta make a go of it on their own (or find a new sugar daddy). They're a for-profit enterprise, not an artists' collective. So, they don't just get to do whatever they want. Every dollar is now more important than ever. They gotta get 'em somewhere.

Microsoft pockets are very deep and provide freedom I hope bungie makes an exclusive deal with them activision pockets are 2nd behind microsoft me thinks I don't know any other that comes close to that?

You forgetting they left MS first? Never wondered why?

This has pros and cons

Pros: More freedom
Cons: Less exposure and marketing

I'm still disappointed with D2 so if they want Destiny 3 to be influential as Halo without Activision's marketing behind, they better make the best FPS ever.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Distancing oneself from Activision is a good idea in general—the publisher seems to embrace the worst, most cynical instincts—but I feel like this divorce won’t help Bungie or Destiny. The studio just isn’t the same one that ruled the roost from 2001-2010. The personnel are different, the design philosophy is different.

I have a hard time believing all of Destiny’s sins are due to Activision.

I agree with this post wholeheartedly 

This is a good thing right?

It means Bungie wont have to bend to activisions will when makeing games!
Basically this means bungie will be more "free" with game design in future.

Around the Network

Whoa, they can just do that?

dx11332sega said:
Intrinsic said:

You forgetting they left MS first? Never wondered why?

But Microsoft changed? back then they only wanted bungie for halo only I think? to make new IP's and old Microsoft didn't give freedom me thinks?

Where is the evidence that they have changed? Even Epic pulled away s they wouldn't become a Gears Machine

Anyways no way Bungie goes back to MS. Multiplatform sure..... but exclusive I don't think so.

Last edited by Intrinsic - on 10 January 2019

KLAMarine said:
Whoa, they can just do that?

probably alot of legal work done first but yeah..

Well this news is pretty good....though I feel the need to raise the question of 'how this news will evolve into angering fans again'.

If I'd have have to throw some out there.....

1: Joins up with Gearbox

2: Becomes a Nintendo second party studio like Monolith or Gamefreak

3: Exclusive Epic store property

4: Joins with E.A

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Blizzard should split from Activision too.