By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mysterious counter on Sony site...

I think once the counter hits zero the rivers will run red with blood and Sony will swoop down and kill all the first born sons of every family in Japan. Only those who smeared lamb's blood on their doors will be spared.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Around the Network

OK, I spent a little too much time listening to that and I've got a partial transcript.

Rain throughout; thunder from time to time

(strange sound: distorted animal scream?)
Man: Ugh. That don't look right. What is that?
Woman: Did you see that just now? [unintelligible] (Gunshots in background) What are they doing? [unintelligible; see hypothesis] Who are they? (Hypothesis: "I thought this was an abandoned village")

(silence)

(screaming/shouting)

Man: Man, that's -- that's some fucked up shit! [not sure: "They seemed to/shouldn't have killed it/her"?]
Woman: (unintelligible -- possibly Japanese??)
Man: Shh! Quiet -- there he is!

Woman: No! What are [??] gonna do?
Man: Shit -- we gotta do something.
Woman: [unintelligible; possibly "... he's running away"?]
(distant shouting)
Distant voice: Leave me the fuck alone!
Man: Hey look, someone's trying to stop (him/them?)
Distant voice: Son of a bitch!
Man: That guy's in deep shit! We gotta call the cops!
Woman: (unintelligible)
(distant gunshots)

So this is clearly not a game about Happy Fun Land as I initially thought.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Awesome, thank you for that.

I'm at work, so I can't let the sound play.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Riot Of The Blood said:
Hmm...

I want a Sony version of Smash Brothers. That would be nice.

Final Fantasy Dissidia for the PSP?

41 hours left lol

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

16 hours left :P

''Hadouken!''

Woooo!! lol

Its Siren, http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/04/counting-down-t.html

My first post 

Feel free to add

/************************************************/

Fanboy (sometimes spelled fanboi) is a term used to describe an individual who is devoted to a single subject in a fanatical manner, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession.

Prediction: PS3 will have 25 percent of the nextgen console market be end

of the year i.e. till 31st dec 2008

down to almost 15 hours

@Hawks

Nice find! Good to know what the game is, although we expected as much!

I also like how this game went from being announced to having a  demo release in Japan a week later, no crazy long periods of hype or no info!