By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will EPA (JEFTA) make it harder to sell Xboxes in Europe?

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/eu-japan-economic-partnership-agreement/

https://www.eu-japan.eu/tags/epa

Do you expect a shift to Nintendo and Sony hardware + games due to the new free trade agreement between the EU and Japan or won't it matter much?

Around the Network

Hmm I guess that if they dont have a branch in the EU it will mean that sony/nintendo will be able to lessen their prices, but again im not sure

I doubt that will have any impact on console (or anything else) prices. They'll simply earn a bit more money.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Conina said:

Do you expect a shift to Nintendo and Sony hardware + games due to the new free trade agreement between the EU and Japan or won't it matter much?

Did you actually read it?

It's about Japanese import barriers removed for EU exporters (at least that is what politicians think they signed....). Nothing about importing consoles into the EU...

drkohler said:

Did you actually read it?

It's about Japanese import barriers removed for EU exporters (at least that is what politicians think they signed....). Nothing about importing consoles into the EU...

It's not one-sided. Many tariffs in both directions will be lowered.

Around the Network

What do you mean, "shift". Since when is EU buying Xboxes?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It will makes it easier to sell PS4/Switch consoles with a profit but it doesn't make it harder to sell xbox consoles literally nothing changed.

Really only the UK buys Xbox's (rumor has it they really like cars), and Microsoft would probably choose to lose a few more dollars to remain competitive if they have to.

And you lot think that those savings will be shared with the consumer, consoles will always be around the same price. Bet what you like, you won't be getting anything cheaper.