By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games are you looking forward to (so far) in 2019?

Tales of Vesperia in a few days! I even went back to Xillia 2 to prep for it. Got the bonus ending for paying off my 20,000,000 gald debt. Bring on the next grindfest!

After that, Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the next game to have my interest. The single trailer we've seen has looked promising...so hopefully the game is great as well.

Animal Crossing Switch is a sure buy...though not sure if I'll get it right away or not. Those games are always fun and I've been craving a new one.

Everything else is up in the air. Might pick up some surprises through sales or just work through games I never beat from previous years. The Trails of Cold Steel PS4 port has my interest right now...it's important to support JRPGs with prominent blonde girls.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:  The Trails of Cold Steel PS4 port has my interest right now...it's important to support JRPGs with prominent blonde girls.

That would be on my list as well, but I have the PS3 versions already. And those were a bit expensive to get since, I missed the boat buying them at the store. Had to pay extra for somebody's used copy due to the small print run. 

Ys, Trails, and Xenoblade were all games that almost didn't make it to the USA. 

Outward
The Outer Worlds
Metro Exodus
Wasteland 3
Sekiro
Cyberpunk 2077

So far these are the games that are most wanted according to this thread. I'll just list them according to how many different people mentioned looking forward to them.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (8 people)
Sekiro (8 people)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (7 people)
Pokemon (7 people)
The Outer Worlds (7 people)
Resident Evil 2 (7 people)
Doom Eternal (6 people)
DMC5 (6 people)
Tales of Vesperia (6 people)
Yoshi's Crafted World (5 people)

I'll get in on the fun!

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Tales of Vesperia: DE
Resident Evil 2
Dragon Marked for Death
Metro Exodus
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Mortal Kombat II
Daemon X Machina
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles RE
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Gears 5
Luigi's Mansion 3
Psychonauts 2
The Surge 2
Ys IX
Animal Crossing

Around the Network

• Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (FromSoft is by far my favourite developer of the last decade, so to say I'm hyped for Sekiro would be an understatement)
  • Tales of Vesperia (Never got to play the original since I didn't have a 360 around the time it was first released)
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Command & Conquer Remastered (A hugely nostalgic game for me. If they keep the core gameplay close enough to the original and don't force pointless modern elements into it I'm really going to enjoy this one)

Can't really think of anything else that's coming out that I'm really hyped for. Most of the rest I'm really looking forward to just don't have an announced release date yet.

I tend to think that the stuff I really want hasn't been revealed yet. A year ago I didn't know that Katamari Damacy or Civ 6 was coming to the Switch. There are a few games I'm interested in (DQ XI on Switch for example) but I bet the games that I really want have yet to be announced.

The only games in my mind right now are Far Cry and Doom Eternal. Maybe C&C if I feel fancy.

But I'm looking forward to racking up another 1k hours in Rocket League.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Resident Evil 2 and CTR.

Tales Of Vesperia Remaster
KH3
DMC 5
Code Vein
Dragon Quest XI S
Sekiro
Whatever is hiding under P5R name
Doom Eternal
FE: Three Houses
Metroid Prime 4 (if it can be considered a 2019 game)