By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch 2018 was the best indie year for a console ever?

Switch 2018 was the best indie year for a console ever?

Yes 9 90.00%

No 1 10.00%

Total:10

Not only in quantity, but in quality.

We had Celeste, Hollow knight, owlboy, ikaruga, into the breach, limbo, gris, guacameele 1 and 2, abzu, horizon chase, bastion, transistor, undertale, inside, yoku island express, the messenger, dead cells, towerfall, hyper light drifter, iconoclasts, monster boy, west of loathing, luminus, banner saga 3, overcooked 2, etc, etc, etc. 

My question is: have been other console that received more awesome indie games in a singe year than switch 2018?

Around the Network

There has been absolutely no shortage of great games to play at all on Switch this year, .... last year... 2018, but yeah every other month there is a game which easily blows away "AAA" offerings in terms of playability imo. and the fact that those games function so well without a constant connection to the internet makes the Switch a perfect home for them imo, earlier this year I got a 256gb micro sd thinking it was good for a long while to come.... now having to shuffle around games again with some really awesome titles to play.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Indeed it was. There were so many even that i don't have the time to play them all .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

It's great but I was surprised to find so many great games that I thought were only on the Switch were actually available on every console and that the Switch often had the least amazing version. Celeste, for example, is free on Xbox One this month.

It doesn't take away from the enjoyment, of course. It was just a surprise.