By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dreams Global Game Jam Stream At 5pm GMT Today!

GribbleGrunger said:
Tmfwang said:

Nope, regular sign-ups starts on Friday (tomorrow)

What's your user name on Dreams? And can you search for my stuff just to check if I've set it up right? I haven't published anything of my own but I have put together a small collection of sculpts and a small collection of games. On my end it says 'your games' or 'your sculpts' and I really don't want to be taking credit for other people's work. 

My username is Narvikgutten :)

I’ll give it a look 

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Tmfwang said:

Nope, regular sign-ups starts on Friday (tomorrow)

What's your user name on Dreams? And can you search for my stuff just to check if I've set it up right? I haven't published anything of my own but I have put together a small collection of sculpts and a small collection of games. On my end it says 'your games' or 'your sculpts' and I really don't want to be taking credit for other people's work. 

It looks good. Two different collections; various games and characters, and the original creator shows for each creation

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

DonFerrari said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yes, those weeds are easy to get into. I would think, if at some point in the future they give this the go ahead, they'll put a stipulation in place that any development team using Dreams MUST make every asset themselves OR draw only from MMs library. 

Or that all asset made within Dreams is free for others to use (and only final product can be sold within Dream) plus for Indies launching using dream as tool it needs approval and licensing fee.

Let's hope they make something as easy to use as RPG-Maker.

Then it would be incredible if Dreams also have cutscene maker.

Someone has already made a fundamental Minecraft ... There will be sets made for certain. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Tmfwang said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It looks good. Two different collections; various games and characters, and the original creator shows for each creation

Oh, nice one, thanks. I just didn't want people to think they were mine. 

edit: Oh, I've already played your stuff! Very nice. 

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 03 January 2019

The PS5 Exists. 

I can't wait for people to see this thing

Tips and Tricks and Creators content tomorrow at 5pm BST.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

is there limit or length for The game you make?
i mean we may see Fans remakes foe some Games and This is what exciting me about the game

Mr.Joker said:
is there limit or length for The game you make?
i mean we may see Fans remakes foe some Games and This is what exciting me about the game

There's a limit to the size but not the length. Each level has a thermo BUT you get level links that can be a door, cave entrance or a jump down a well. You can also trigger the level link via logic from anywhere in the level. The longest pause between levels I've had so far is about 3 seconds. Most load in in 1 - 2 seconds. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Kyuu said:
GribbleGrunger said:

What I'm looking forward to is the conversation that goes something like:

'Ah, this is quite a good game. What's it called?'
'Double Twist.'
'Is it available on the store?'
'Not yet.'
'How are you playing it then?'
'It's made with Dreams.'
'Oh ... it's not THAT good really ... Dreams just isn't my thing.'

"Oh.. no wonder it feels 'soulless', but don't misunderstand..it still looks okay. Just not for me."

I've tried to explain so many times and I'm NOT giving up! What is 'it'? You don't know what 'it' is because 'it' can be anything and amongst the 'anythings' could be something you like. At least wait until you see what 'it' is before you completely discount it, just as you wouldn't dismiss a game because you found out it was made in unity. I was impressed with LBP but it was only because I knew LBPs limits and marvelled at how people pushed it further. Dreams isn't like that. After 2 weeks (2 weeks!) I'm already playing short games that are very well made and play well too. 

The PS5 Exists. 

I am personally hyped to both play the game and make creations of my own. I missed the first Beta, I intend to do the second Beta.

globalisateur said:

I am personally hyped to both play the game and make creations of my own. I missed the first Beta, I intend to do the second Beta.

Less than two hours. 5pm GMT.

The PS5 Exists.