By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dreams Global Game Jam Stream At 5pm GMT Today!

Errorist76 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

People understand it, we're just not interested.

But anyone who is, good for you.

Yeah, we know the XBox fans, Nintendo fans, and Sony fans on here aren't interested...What else is new?

Fixed for accuracy ;)

ignoring the console warrior nonsense.

Around the Network

If done right, and with a bit of luck, this thing could catch on and become something special, but (coming from someone who knows very little about the project) it seems very ambitious and I can see people playing the creations just for the sake of seeing how many unique things can be made with the tools provided. Sort of like: "Oh, it's incredible that someone was able to make a pinball game with these tools! The sky is the limit! Although... it is a very shoddy game of pinball. But still cool."

GribbleGrunger said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Well, at least wait to see what you don't like. This is the thing that people don't understand, and I'm not being facetious here. Saying you don't like Dreams is EXACTLY the same as saying you don't like Unity. It's up to the creators to use Dreams to create something you DO like, not Dreams itself. Visualise a pencil and a blank piece of A4 paper. You wouldn't call that 'art' nor judge it based merely on the pencil and the blank piece of paper. Art is what takes place when individuals pick up that pencil and express themselves on the paper. Dreams is the blank piece of paper and the pencil. In other words 'WE' are Dreams.

Peter, is that you?

In all seriousness, I’m happy for you that you’re that passionate about it. Hope you enjoy it. That’s the same type of stuff people said about Minecraft, Roblox, Terraria, Project Spark, LBP, Garry’s Mod, among many other PC ones, even Battleblock Theater last gen on Xbox, though on a smaller scale. In all experiences I came away thinking the same thing, that there was a tiny amount of decent stuff surrounded by a sea of shit.

I don’t think anyone here is actively rooting for it to fail, but it’s not surprising that most would not be hyped for it.

Pretty sure you can't talk about this (?) That is one of the main reasons why no one is talking about it who are in the beta. Also, you didn't post any of the most impressive stuff.

Errorist76 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Yeah, we know the XBox fans on here aren't interested...What else is new?

Dude you're a clown. I've seen you come in multiple xbox threads and have nothing but negative things to say, it's funny to see you complain about something you actually do. You even have the nerve to generalize the fanbase above your post. incredible 

Now to keep this back on topic: I'm glad to hear MM is profitable even without releasing games, Rare was kinda like that. Just hope their next game isn't a dev tool-like one, I'm just tired of those. I really enjoy the LBP franchise, and even attempted getting the plat on the first. I want another platformer! 

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:
If done right, and with a bit of luck, this thing could catch on and become something special, but (coming from someone who knows very little about the project) it seems very ambitious and I can see people playing the creations just for the sake of seeing how many unique things can be made with the tools provided. Sort of like: "Oh, it's incredible that someone was able to make a pinball game with these tools! The sky is the limit! Although... it is a very shoddy game of pinball. But still cool."

Except this time it's entirely down to the creator. This isn't aimed at you but it's going to be a pain in the ass to have to read comments about what people are making in the first few months. It's a development tool and will take time to get used to. Once people do, and start collaborating to speed the process, you'll start to see games, actual games. They'll play well. They'll look great. And people will be watching streams of these games unaware that they're made with the Dreams development tools. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

No idea what it is and i haven't even heard of it until now. If it's a create things game, i'll probably skip it, like i did with Minecraft and other games where u create things. I have no creative skills.

Do you not watch Youtube because you're not creative enough to make videos? Dreams is also a service on which you can search and experience people's creations. You do not need to be creative to enjoy Dreams. If an endless supply of free games, art, music, sculptures, stories, films, shorts etc doesn't interest you then, yes, Dreams isn't for you. 

I honestly don't watch much stuff on Youtube or videos anywhere online. I'll try and keep a better watch on the game, so i can make a better and more informed decision, as to whether it's for me or not.

Last edited by Sixteenvolt420 - on 02 January 2019

The game is mindblowing, people should sign up for the beta (signups start jan 4th) before they brush it off

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
The game is mindblowing, people should sign up for the beta (signups start jan 4th) before they brush it off

Have you played the new game Time Corruption?

The PS5 Exists. 

I honestly have no clue what Dreams really is. From reading in this thread it seems to be a dev kit with integrated asset store and not a game. Can someone describe the main difference between Dreams and the Unity engine/ Unreal engine or the creation kit for Skyrim?