Forums - Sony Discussion - Dreams Global Game Jam Stream At 5pm GMT Today!

Will prob buy this,very unique learning concept and can maybe be used as a step up into the basics of game engine's.

Around the Network

Incredibly awesome seeing Mm try out my level «The Offroad Lands» :D

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:

They did? That's pretty amazing

Great job!

Tmfwang said:

Yeah, I was pleased for you when they showed that. I bet you were bursting with pride. 

The PS5 Exists. 

I'm pretty chuffed. I've just finished my first proper sculpture and it looks great! A spiral staircase.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
I'm pretty chuffed. I've just finished my first proper sculpture and it looks great! A spiral staircase.

What are the limits of development with dreams ?

Can that limit be compared to some recent ps4 games and what is the maximum data usage for one game?

Immersiveunreality said:
GribbleGrunger said:

What are the limits of development with dreams ?

Can that limit be compared to some recent ps4 games and what is the maximum data usage for one game?

I couldn't answer any of these. It's going to take ages to find the limits of Dreams. Just like any other development tool, some people will use to badly, some people will use it wisely, and some people will take it well beyond what it was meant to do. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Fancy being a rebel and posting a cheeky screenshot of your sculpt? :P

What are you using to sculpt things, dualshock or move controllers? Seems like on every stream they use move controllers or a dualshock with the camera, just wondering what it's like making something purely with the dualshock. 

Bristow9091 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

What are you using to sculpt things, dualshock or move controllers? Seems like on every stream they use move controllers or a dualshock with the camera, just wondering what it's like making something purely with the dualshock. 

I'm using Dualshock. It makes it slightly harder because you can't push in physically to get a sense of space and, because there are two MOVES, you can do two things at once. I'm getting there though. 

I've tried PMing you but it's not showing up in my messages. 

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 05 January 2019

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Bristow9091 said:

I'm using Dualshock. It makes it slightly harder because you can't push in physically to get a sense of space and, because there are two MOVES, you can do two things at once. I'm getting there though. 

I've tried PMing you but it's not showing up in my messages. 

Well the important thing is you tried :P

On a scale of 1-10 how easy/hard would you say it is to make something with just the dualshock? Dreams is actually the game that is tempting me to pick up two move controllers and a camera, lol, but I'll be giving it a try with the dualshock first to see how I get on anyway.