By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War: Judgement is a piece of under rated GOLD!

curl-6 said:
mjk45 said:

I imagine Gears of War Judgment sitting in a bar alongside God of War ascension, both crying in their beer saying fuck our families at least we have each other. 

Hahaha I know right, both "GOW" spinoffs that released in 2013 and aren't as loved by their fanbase as the main entries, both among the very best looking games of their respective platforms and the 7th gen, both iconic franchises for their platform...

They just have to be twins.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Shame I've no xbox anymore I used to have tons of bc games. Gears was very nostalgic

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Angelv577 said:
After playing Gears of war 4, I realized I am already tired of gears gameplay. The magic from gears 1 and 2 aren't there anymore. I am still gonna play gears 5 but would be lying if I say I am excited for it.

I thought that but then I went back and played Gears 1-3 and they still held up. I think Gears 4 and Judgment just don't have the right pacing, mystery, or story to motivate. I kept waiting for Gears 4 to get to the heart of the story and that didn't happen until the last thirty minutes or so.

d21lewis said:
Angelv577 said:
After playing Gears of war 4, I realized I am already tired of gears gameplay. The magic from gears 1 and 2 aren't there anymore. I am still gonna play gears 5 but would be lying if I say I am excited for it.

I thought that but then I went back and played Gears 1-3 and they still held up. I think Gears 4 and Judgment just don't have the right pacing, mystery, or story to motivate. I kept waiting for Gears 4 to get to the heart of the story and that didn't happen until the last thirty minutes or so.

Don't get me wrong.  Gears 4 still has one of the best third person shooting mechanics, maybe tthe best.  The gameplay is still pretty good but unfortunately for me, gears 4 didn't Wow me like the previous two.  I felt I was playing gears 1-3 with better graphics.  The main character didn't help at all.  They played it safe which I understand because it was their first gears.  I am going in with low expectations with gears 5 hoping they will surprised me.

d21lewis said:
Angelv577 said:

Pacing of Judgment is definitely off but I'm surprised of your opinion of 4. I though its pacing is far, far better than 1-3. Of course it felt like a prologue of story to come but still. Then again, Gears 1 isn't exactly rich in story department either :P Sequels started to build on it.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
d21lewis said:

Pacing of Judgment is definitely off but I'm surprised of your opinion of 4. I though its pacing is far, far better than 1-3. Of course it felt like a prologue of story to come but still. Then again, Gears 1 isn't exactly rich in story department either :P Sequels started to build on it.

I don't know why I give Gears 1 a pass. Can't put my finger on why but once I start playing, I can't stop until I see the credits. For me, Gears 4 felt like a chore. Beautiful to look at, of course. But a chore nonetheless.

After the 4K update, I replayed gears 1-3 with 4  in  4K  being the big payoff. Ididasimilard d

And, once again,quoting has gone insaneu

I did a similar thing with Halo 1-5 after Halo 5 got a 4K update. I guess I didn't feel a kinship with the characters in Gears 4 and there wasn't really a main villain to motivate me.

mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

I honestly don't get all the hate for this one. Then I never gave a stuff about online multiplayer so if it sucks in that department I wouldn't know.

Just getting another 5-6 campaign hours of that delicious crunchy combat was enough for me. Very few other games make shooting baddies feel as satisfying as it does in Gears. I even liked the wave-based sections as it was essentially single player horde mode, and sign me the fuck up for that.

I imagine Gears of War Judgment sitting in a bar alongside God of War ascension, both crying in their beer saying fuck our families at least we have each other. 

God of War Ascension was miles ahead of Judgement even though it was one of the weakest God of War games. The story was good, but the trials of archemedes was insane. Gears of War judgement was lost as to what it was from start to finish. 

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 20 February 2019

d21lewis said:
Angelv577 said:

Luckily, the next Gears story is about Kait. Her family lineage story is the true heart and soul of Gears of War. Gears is only good when a competent Antagonist brings the key group together. Being that Kaits grandmother was the locust queen and that could possibly be her fate if she joins the horde, makes this story even more dark and compelling.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
d21lewis said:

Luckily, the next Gears story is about Kait. Her family lineage story is the true heart and soul of Gears of War. Gears is only good when a competent Antagonist brings the key group together. Being that Kaits grandmother was the locust queen and that could possibly be her fate if she joins the horde, makes this story even more dark and compelling.

I'm hyped. Already ready to call it my game of the year after seeing the gameplay. Hope it delivers!