By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros Ultimate Sold thru (+Digital) 5mil WW first 3days

According to Benji and Chris, Smash Ultimate week to week sales isn't slow down.

Around the Network
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
polofresco said:
Is this the best opening for an exclusive ever?

In the first 3days, I think Sun/Moon is bigger than Smash Ultimate based on Japan and a few European countries and it was very front loaded.  Smash Ultimate leg in the first month sales is going to surpass or perform closely to Sun/Moon IMO. 

I think we can safely say that Ultimate has the biggest opening ever if we go by revenue.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Totally deserved sales. I just expected around 4'8M by my calculations after knowing how well it did in US and JP (I expected 2'1M USA, 1'3M JP, 1'0M EU and 400k ROW for a total of 4'8M, and 9'5M at the end of the year) but this news are even better than that.

Best home console exclusive launch ever confirmed.

TheWPCTraveler said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

In the first 3days, I think Sun/Moon is bigger than Smash Ultimate based on Japan and a few European countries and it was very front loaded.  Smash Ultimate leg in the first month sales is going to surpass or perform closely to Sun/Moon IMO. 

I think we can safely say that Ultimate has the biggest opening ever if we go by revenue.

According to vgchartz, Pokemon Sun/Moon sold 5.188.415 copies in it's first week retail only, although digital sales on 3DS won't be as high as Switch ones.

It’s safe to say that is the biggest exclusive launch of all time.

Around the Network
BlackBeauty said:

2nd, Sun/Moon

tbone51 said:
BlackBeauty said:

2nd, Sun/Moon

40$

The game deserves this and more. It is truly the ultimate smash game and the ultimate fighting game. I hope this helps switch reach that and maybe cross that 20mil mark

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Fixed the OP's formatting.

Great sales for this masterpiece!

Signature goes here!

Louie said:
Obviously. Any game with Daisy in it will break sales records. I hope Nintendo is taking notice!

Yay for Daisy!