By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SSBU becomes the fastest-selling Nintendo console game in Australian history

Much like in North America and Europe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is also making history in Australia. It’s been announced that the new Switch title is the fastest-selling Nintendo console game in Australian history. The game is also the fastest-selling eShop release.

Five out of the ten best-selling Nintendo home console releases have been on Switch, including Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Pokemon: Let’s Go Pikachu / Eevee, and Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Smash sold 80% better than Super Mario Odyssey at launch while also beating the sales of Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8.

Managing director of Nintendo Australia, Kamon Yoshimura, said in a statement:

“We are thrilled that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now both the fastest-selling game in the series and our fastest-selling home console game in Australia and New Zealand.”

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Wow, selling 80% better than Odyssey is really impressive. I wish we could see more data from Europe.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

Wow, selling 80% better than Odyssey is really impressive. I wish we could see more data from Europe.

Last I checked, Australia wasnt part of Europe.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
LipeJJ said:

White people live there, so must be europe since it’s not north america :P

I bought a copy.
Yeah, I did my part.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 20 December 2018

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
LipeJJ said:

I never said it was... O.o It's the opposite, I'm lammenting that we don't get this kind of info regarding Europe. Unless you're being sarcastic and I didn't notice. xD

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
zorg1000 said:

I never said it was... O.o It's the opposite, I'm lammenting that we don't get this kind of info regarding Europe. Unless you're being sarcastic and I didn't notice. xD

It's a thread about Australia and you said you wish we got more European info, it seemed like you were lumping them together.

But we did get info about Europe, like a day before this thread there was one about Smash being the fastest selling Nintendo console game.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
LipeJJ said:

It's a thread about Australia and you said you wish we got more European info, it seemed like you were lumping them together.

But we did get info about Europe, like a day before this thread there was one about Smash being the fastest selling Nintendo console game.

I get you, I'm just explaining myself (I know I don't have to, but since I really love geography I felt I should explain it). hahaha

Anyway, did we get more info than that regarding Europe? Like a comparison with other games and stuff? I'm genuinely curious.

LipeJJ said:
zorg1000 said:

I get you, I'm just explaining myself (I know I don't have to, but since I really love geography I felt I should explain it). hahaha

Anyway, did we get more info than that regarding Europe? Like a comparison with other games and stuff? I'm genuinely curious.

In Europe it was fastest selling home console Nintendo game and did ~30% more than Mario Kart Wii (I'm guessing that was the previous record holder)

zorg1000 said:
LipeJJ said:

In Europe it was fastest selling home console Nintendo game and did ~30% more than Mario Kart Wii (I'm guessing that was the previous record holder)

Nice, thanks! All points out to a 1m+ FW in Europe then. Can't wait for Nintendo's January report!