By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2nd year NPD, 3DS+Wii U vs NSW

US is easy stuff for Switch, Japan is the real struggle. Europe/ France is probably really easy too, but unsure exact.

Around the Network

Seems very goood

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

As 2.5M is a safe bet for nov+dec, Switch will more than double its jan to oct in the 2 last months.
In Japan it should not sell more than 3DS, but can get close (20 million+), meaning that it will surely pass 3DS worldwide LT.

Switch with a big win in November

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ok, after November NPD there's no doubt in my mind that Switch will outsell both combined. Which is shocking.

Fun fact: Switch's November result almost equals Wii U's entire 2014. O.o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
LipeJJ said:

Ok, after November NPD there's no doubt in my mind that Switch will outsell both combined. Which is shocking.

Fun fact: Switch's November result almost equals Wii U's entire 2014. O.o

This put the whole WiiU legacy into perspective. Nothing was going for it back then ...

Yeah, Switch is making it look like it never even existed. It will be interesting to see how we will perceive Wii U in the future. Especially since Switch is getting some of its best games.

Btw, Switch's November >>> 3DS' December. I think this is very impressive as well, considering Nintendo's track record in December.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Mar1217 said:

This put the whole WiiU legacy into perspective. Nothing was going for it back then ...

It will be interesting to see how we will perceive Wii U in the future.

An abject failure that resulted in its quick demise and Nintendo gutting its dedicated home console line?

Or in other words, the console equivalent of the Playstation Vita.

November NPD ain't even fair. So with that,it is fair to say Switch can pull a 2M+ in december?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Megiddo said:
LipeJJ said:

It will be interesting to see how we will perceive Wii U in the future.

An abject failure that resulted in its quick demise and Nintendo gutting its dedicated home console line?

Or in other words, the console equivalent of the Playstation Vita.

That's for sure, but that's not really what I mean. Have you played a game like Pikmin 3? If you did, you'll get what I mean.

Those Wii U years were so painful lol