By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rise of third party exclusives on Switch

CuCabeludo said:

The era of top notch third party exclusives is over.

On PS and Xbox maybe. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:

Yeah, Bayonetta 3, Shin Megmi Tensei V or Persona 5 are just some average games

HoangNhatAnh said:
CuCabeludo said:

Review wise they may be critically acclaimed but sales wise are pretty average to below average.

Darwinianevolution said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon sales on 360? Agree

Those games pretty much sold one million copies each on the 360. Even if that seems to not be a good enough amount nowadays (which is worrying, one million copies sold is a really important amount) they did not lose money, they got a good chunk of profit from their investment, even if that money was not market changing. If they had gone multiplat, they would have done even better.

So two big budget 3d games sold 1 million on it only, wonder how much a much smaller 2d game sold on it?  They are funding by MS, you would think MS fund them to see it come out on playstation? That is like expecting BloodBorne come out on Xbox 1 for better sales. Look at I Am Setsuna sales number on ps4/vita, combined them together and still much worse than Bravely Default on 3ds or Octopath Traveler on Switch. You don't think it them on Xbox would sell better than on ps4, right?

Train wreck said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Review wise they may be critically acclaimed but sales wise are pretty average to below average.

"top notch third party exclusives" is more about quality, not sales. If you want sales, just lock a Call of Duty game or a Fifa game is already enough

Around the Network
vivster said:

Exclusives are bad and you should feel bad.

I appreciate your Futurama reference.

OT: Switch 3rd party support in general is improving as it should given the userbase. But lets not exagerate how amazing Switch support has become.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

So now games skipping platforms is a good thing for the consumer?  Oddly, enough, I don't remember seeing much of that sentiment in Persona threads.  

Don't forget the out-of-left-field announcement that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is coming exclusively to Switch!

@OP What we're seeing here is all the AA developers slowly moving from 3DS to Switch. Octopath was made by the same team that did Bravely Default. SMTV is the SMTIV, and SMTIV Apocalypse team. Yokai Watch was a 3DS series. Thanks to a trailer from earlier this year we know that Etrian Odyssey series is Switchbound as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT7EiZR6hMI&vl=en

The five tombstones represent the 5 EO games on 3DS. The next stage is Switch.

Seeing Nintendo's library finally merged onto one system is such a wonderful thing. We're getting Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Poke'mon, Luigi's Mansion, Octopath, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, Yokai Watch 4*, and many other great games. Hopefully Nintendo releases another top down Zelda, for Switch as well. If Nintendo went ahead with two seperate systems instead of the Switch, we'd be missing these games from the Wii U 2, or whatever you want to call it. They would all be on the 3DS-2.

*Okay I'm not exactly all that hyped for Yokai Watch 4, but Level 5 has made some awesome games in the past.

Oh and BTW I agree that exclusives define a platform.

Honestly whenever I hear people whining about platform exclusives I declare them entitled gamers, not say, people who dislike the concept of Diablo Immortal. I mean I may find Horizon and Spiderman interesting, but I don't call them anti-consumer for not being on Switch.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?