By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has Sony shipped 90 million PS4's + 1 billion games?

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

Ok then. Let's pretend he wasn't being hyperbolic, since NEVER you'll have EVERYONE agreeing to anything. Even the most atrocious crimes you'll find some oddball that doesn't think it's atrocious. So you could have replayed that "it wasn't everyone" instead of "never seeing".

I know it was hyperbolic hence why I said it wasnt even most in the parenthesis.

But hey let's get mad at the guy correcting a false statement.

You didn't correct him, you said you never saw that.

As I said, you could have easily said "it wasn't everyone", "it wasn't the majority" or whatever other way you wanted. The way you put sounded more like it didn't even had any significant (or even any at all) expectation that PS4 would end last.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

The PS4 is easily past 90 Million consoles shipped, likely sold the majority of that. The$200 PS4 Slim 1TB Spiderman Bundle was the hottest item for the week of Black Friday. For games I would say 50-80 million more games sold since June is more believable. I mean they have had Spiderman, Red Dead Redemption 2,COD BLOPS 4, etc can easily jump that hurdle.

I think it will hit 100 million hardware and 1 billion software either in the quarter ending June 30 or Sept 30.

It ll happend before then.

Currently it has to be over 900m... it sells like 130m+ software pr 6months.
Those 777.9m numbers are from half a year ago, so by now its over 900m.

It should happen well before June.

JRPGfan said:
zorg1000 said:

I think it will hit 100 million hardware and 1 billion software either in the quarter ending June 30 or Sept 30.

Will it happen before March 31 though? Because I'm going based on quarters.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
JRPGfan said:

Will it happen before March 31 though? Because I'm going based on quarters.

Honestly? yes I think it will.
I wouldnt be surprised if by March 31, its past 1bn in software sold, and sony announces that.

This is assumeing its around 920+ m currently early-mid december, which I think it also could be.
Another 3,5 months time, and it should have past it, or be really darn close.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 12 December 2018

I imagine their next big sales announcement will be around the beginning of the next fiscal year. They’re shooting for 96 million shipped by March 31st, if I’m not mistaken. We’ll probably get all the updated numbers then. Here’s to a strong holiday season for PS4 🍻

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
I imagine their next big sales announcement will be around the beginning of the next fiscal year. They’re shooting for 96 million shipped by March 31st, if I’m not mistaken. We’ll probably get all the updated numbers then. Here’s to a strong holiday season for PS4 🍻

good to know :)

"The Last of Us 2" is officially Game of the Year 2020, worldwide. Ghost of Tsushima-Artwork: