By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2019: Switch starts feeling like a Nintendo handheld

Juma009 said:
Super Mario Bros U Deluxe.
Travis Strikes Again.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Daemon X Machina
Luigis Mansion 3.
Town.
Yoshi.
Animal Crossings.
Shin Megami Tensei V.
Bayonetta 3.
Metroid Prime 4.

Dragon Quest XI S
Mortal Kombat 11

If all these games dont get delayed and considering all the other ports and some more lower budget games, this might be the strongest year I have ever seen by any console

Just for record, for bolded games never was said that are 2019. games, so if some of them are not released in 2019. they are not delayed games.

Saying that, IMO Dragon Quest XI S is 90% 2019. game, Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 have around 50% chance to be 2019. games, and Shin Megami Tensei V around 20-30% chance to be 2019. game.

But regardless those games we will have much more 2019. announcements in any case (both 1st party, 3rd party exclusives and 3rd party).

Around the Network

A ... handheld...
Well, it´s both. A portable and a home console.

Switch future is looking good. Can´t wait for Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3.

Nah, it'll still feel like a hybrid to me because that's what it is. :L
Assuming there's a price cut next year it should appeal more to the handheld audience though.

Well, I like Switch and games like Super Smash Bros Ultimate are a blast to play, so funny. My son and I can't stop playing it. Said that, the impression I have looking at Switch, is a portable console which can be connected to a TV, and this is the key of its success. The hardware is what it is, because of this, you can't have everything. 3rd party AAA titles can't even run on Switch, unless you start to downgrade them to a level that they would be like different games, almost unrecognizable. In few words, Switch is somehow the marriage of a Next Gen handheld game console together with a old generation Home Console. Nintendo really do not care about 3rd party support or great graphics/physics or advanced AI; they want to make money like any other Company but at the same time they want to offer something very different from the others, with pros and cons. Maybe this is the only way for them to be successful, and they have all my respect.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.