By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation gamer are you ready for Shin Megami Tensei V coming to PS4 ?(updated )

What is your thought

Imposible, Persona and S... 7 46.67%

Nintendo has the right for everything 0 0%

Both games are suck 2 13.33%

It will comes to Ouya eventually 3 20.00%

Persona 5 will come to Switch 2 0 0%

Persona 6 will come to Ni... 3 20.00%

Total:15

Since we got Joker as  a character on Smash and the possibilities of Persona 5 coming to Switch, we will also expect the other way around also.  The exclusivity of  Shin Megami Tensei on Nintendo platform also going to end and coming to PS platform as well. 

So what do think guys? 

Update : I am adding another source for Persona 5 coming to Switch " http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/rumour_joker_in_smash_bros_ultimate_triggers_speculation_that_persona_5_is_coming_to_switch"

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 07 December 2018

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I'm not sure I foillow that logic?
But Shin Megami Tensei 3 was on Playstation 2. I don't think either SMT nor Persona are inherently exclusive to any platform. Atlus just chose the systems they thing are best fitting for each game at the time.

SO that's mean Shin Megami Tensei V can also comes to PS4? 

Persona 5 isn't coming to Switch as far we know... So SMTV on PS4 is just a dream at best for now

nidavellir said:
Persona 5 isn't coming to Switch as far we know... So SMTV on PS4 is just a dream at best for now

I though some people believe that Persona 5 is going to Switch? I guess i was wrong  

I don't see PlayStation fans asking for it as much as the Nintendo fans asking for persona 5. Actually I'm not sure I ever seen PlayStation fans ever asking for it. Let's hope persona 5 comes to the switch so they can stop begging

Around the Network

Joker is in Smash because he's in Persona Q2 (notice that he wasn't actually announced until after the Q2 launch). I fully believe that P5 should be on Switch and there is no reason at all for it to not be on Switch, but I can say the same about Xbox/PC/etc. Atlus just do whatever the hell they want to.

Megiddo said:
Joker is in Smash because he's in Persona Q2 (notice that he wasn't actually announced until after the Q2 launch). I fully believe that P5 should be on Switch and there is no reason at all for it to not be on Switch, but I can say the same about Xbox/PC/etc. Atlus just do whatever the hell they want to.

What about Shin Megami Tensei, do you also believe that games also need to comes to other platform as well. Because what i know Shin Megami Tensei Nine also came to Xbox .

I don't think anything can be predicted really. Persona 5 might go to Switch, SMT V might go to PS4, both might happen, none might happen.

In the long term I see Atlus going multiplatform for all of its MegTen games, but for now they seem to like to focus on one platform, likely for resource management reasons.

HollyGamer said:
Megiddo said:

What about Shin Megami Tensei, do you also believe that games also need to comes to other platform as well. Because what i know Shin Megami Tensei Nine also came to Xbox .

I think Atlus games should be available on pretty much every major platform, like most SEGA games. So yes, SMT, Persona, Catherine, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey, etc. They shouldn't be locked down to a single platform.

Has Atlus made a point about these events being related, or is this based on the same logic of the many people before the SMTV reveal who were sure it'd be announced for PS4 as well that night?

I don't have much interest in SMTV being on PS4, but I'd have a lot of interest buying Persona 5 again for Switch.
For now though, just really happy to see Joker in Smash. Came out of left field but I love it.