By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why nobody is talkin about Avengers endgame?

shikamaru317 said:

Calling it now, Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel will be the key to beating Thanos with her super powerful Binary mode, while Scott Lang/Antman will be the key to reviving everyone that Thanos killed with his seeming mastery of the Quantum Realm. The two characters who weren't in the first movie will be the heroes that save the day. 

And Hawkeye?

But if true about Scott Lang, then that is such a shame they turned him into a blubbering joke in Ant-man and the Wasp.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Calling it now, Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel will be the key to beating Thanos with her super powerful Binary mode, while Scott Lang/Antman will be the key to reviving everyone that Thanos killed with his seeming mastery of the Quantum Realm. The two characters who weren't in the first movie will be the heroes that save the day. 

Not without tragedy, I'm assuming.
Since this is Chris Evans' last role in the MCU, I'm pretty sure this is the end of the road for Cap.

PAOerfulone said:
shikamaru317 said:

Not without tragedy, I'm assuming.
Since this is Chris Evans' last role in the MCU, I'm pretty sure this is the end of the road for Cap.

There are recent articles stating that Chris Evans may not be done with Cap yet, stated by Russo Brothers.

My guess is that he survives this movie, and then does one FINAL Captain America movie directed by the Russo Brothers that goes into him handing off the captain shield to someone else. With so many potential "retirements" by some Marvel veterans in this upcoming movie, it feels like it would be hard to give them the proper send off so to speak that they deserve in one movie. IMO

“Why nobody is talkin about Avengers endgame?“
It will break the record for most viewed trailer in the first 24 hours and It is the most fastest to get 1M Likes
https://twitter.com/offcial_durai/status/1071087388330344451?s=21

Had completely forgotten about this, but also my best guess at the titled turned out to be right. I guess that teaser picture of the title was referring to the laptop screen, which you couldn't read from the distance the shot was taken at.

Also, what happened to the title not being said in Infinity War?

Around the Network
SecondWar said:
Had completely forgotten about this, but also my best guess at the titled turned out to be right. I guess that teaser picture of the title was referring to the laptop screen, which you couldn't read from the distance the shot was taken at.

Watched a "pitch meeting" for this trailer on youtube and funny you say that.

They talk about how it was said by the Russo brothers that no one had guessed the title of the movie, and it wasn't said in the last movie. The guy is like, but it was said in the last movie and endgame was the most predicted movie title.

irstupid said:
SecondWar said:

Watched a "pitch meeting" for this trailer on youtube and funny you say that.

They talk about how it was said by the Russo brothers that no one had guessed the title of the movie, and it wasn't said in the last movie. The guy is like, but it was said in the last movie and endgame was the most predicted movie title.

True and I still thought it was cute how some people thought it would be called Avengers Assemble - the title of Avengers 1 in the UK. Plus, there isn't too much left to assemble.

Eh it was boring nothing really exciting to talk about.

The only noteworthy moment in Endgame's trailer was the SPOILERS, reveal that Ant-Man will appear. Having seen the Wasp movie, I thought the ending would mean otherwise, so that genuinely surprised me (and the dialogue in Ant-Man's moment was funny enough unlike the rest of the generic trailer lines). Also the fact that MAJOR INFINITY WAR SPOILERS FOLLOW the ending made it clear that only original Gen 1 Avengers survived the cosmic finger-snap, which Ant-Man is not.

Even my easy to please friend called it "Nothing special."

But there's reasons for why Endgame was snoresville. Marvel either elected to not show any key moments (Ant-Man aside) to save for the next trailer and the feature, or there's only so much that has been shot and edited at this point (there wasn't even one action scene shown which I would imagine take the most effort to pull off).

If it were up to me, I wouldn't have even shown the trailer. It's obvious based on how the last one ended (and because every year has to have more Mahvel Supa Hero movies than the last) that Endgame was coming, and they didn't even give the (meh) 2nd trailer for Captain Marvel any room to breathe. It would've been better if they held off on any marketing for Endgame until Captain Marvel released, to help build up more suspense/speculation.

Infinity War was the best superhero movie in years, and the best Marvel movie since the first Avengers, so I'm seeing it no matter how badly Disney might crash the hype train leading up to late whenever it does release.

shikamaru317 said:

I'll call your Captain Marvel and raise you the real hero Avengers needs.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334