By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All XB1 consoles on sale at Best Buy

Consider this a public service announcement.  All XBox One consoles are $50 off at Best Buy right now, in the US. At Target, they all seem to be on sale as well, but for various amounts.  I don't know when the sales end.  

If you missed the BF deals and you're in the market for an XBone, here's your chance.

Around the Network

I'm tempted to take the plunge on an X, as I also have a 20% off Target coupon. I figure if I sell my XB1s for $150, buy an XBX for ~$340 after tax, it's a small enough net cost that my wife won't give me too much shit.

On the other hand, I already have a PS4 Pro, and we're so late in the generation that I doubt the X will be current for more than a couple years.  I don't know if I can justify it to myself.

It all depends on how much time do you spend playing on your XB1. If you only use it to play some Microsoft games, then it probably won't worth it. But if it is the machine where you play lots of third-party games and you use B/C a lot as well as you have a 4K TV, then I think you should go for it.It will still be supported for at least 4 years even sometime after next-gen starts.

derpysquirtle64 said:
It all depends on how much time do you spend playing on your XB1. If you only use it to play some Microsoft games, then it probably won't worth it. But if it is the machine where you play lots of third-party games and you use B/C a lot as well as you have a 4K TV, then I think you should go for it.It will still be supported for at least 4 years even sometime after next-gen starts.

I play most of my third party stuff on Playstation right now, because I have a pro. I also have a friend that plays tons of games, so I borrow games from him for free. Making an Xbox my main third party machine will also mean that I have to buy more games then I otherwise would. However, the single game that I played the most, by a very large margin, is Destiny 2.  I play Destiny on Xbox because I like the Xbox controller more than the dualshock 4 shooters.

I do have a 4K, HDR TV.  

I think I'm going to float it past the wife and see how much resistance I get. If she's going to use it as an excuse to spend 500 bucks on other stupid crap, I think I'll skip it. If she doesn't seem to care, maybe I'll take the plunge.

The Neverending Story. Even Lionel Hutz couldn't sue them. It's such a perpetual series of sales, by region, retailer, or all encompassing, that the real news should be: When is The XBO NOT on sale.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Aren't they on sale almost every week though? Or bundled with a free game sometimes it seems like it's a price drop covered up as a discount or promotion

COKTOE said:

The Neverending Story. Even Lionel Hutz couldn't sue them. It's such a perpetual series of sales, by region, retailer, or all encompassing, that the real news should be: When is The XBO NOT on sale.

XB1S is on sale fairly often.  But, until recently, X was not generally available for less than $500.  Seeing them for $400 is still a reasonably big deal, I'd say.  

VAMatt said:
COKTOE said:

XB1S is on sale fairly often.  But, until recently, X was not generally available for less than $500.  Seeing them for $400 is still a reasonably big deal, I'd say.  

Plenty of massive deals since october for XBX. $460 with 1, 2 or 3 recent games (RDR2, COD, PUBG) in most of october and plenty of different $400 deals with or without games or cash for BF and CM.

For december their comparatively very weak $50 off deal isn't doing anything for now.

VAMatt said:

I'm tempted to take the plunge on an X, as I also have a 20% off Target coupon. I figure if I sell my XB1s for $150, buy an XBX for ~$340 after tax, it's a small enough net cost that my wife won't give me too much shit.

On the other hand, I already have a PS4 Pro, and we're so late in the generation that I doubt the X will be current for more than a couple years.  I don't know if I can justify it to myself.

I bought a X1X over the holiday because it was $399, I had a 15% off coupon on eBay and I was able to avoid sales tax buying from Newegg.

If you use Xbox a lot, I argue its worth having and it should be able to handle games well for years into the 9th gen. There are games in my library I only want to play on my X1X because the visual disparity or performance is so big. Even load times are less annoying.

I'm skipping the PS4 Pro because it power disparity wasn't huge and PS4 software is generally well optimized already.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It's on sale at Best Buy Canada as well, 499 for the base X1X. Same price as a ps4 pro, however that comes with RDR2. (which is 80 here)
Pointless for me until you can buy more hours in the day :)