By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Some guys remain single by choice because it is easier!

Men choose to remain single and give up on women?

They do not want to becom... 9 7.69%

They do not want to change! 12 10.26%

They do not need a woman'... 3 2.56%

They do not want to conform to society! 5 4.27%

They have busy life and d... 9 7.69%

They are a man-child and never grew up! 17 14.53%

They are regarded as a lo... 15 12.82%

Modern feminism double st... 19 16.24%

Other! 27 23.08%

They choose sex workers instead! 1 0.85%

Total:117
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

http://gulfelitemag.com/millennials-worst-generation-ever-live/

Some call us the worst generation to ever live, others call us pampered, entitled, lazy and useless. To their credit, they are right quite often. Where is the generation that conquered the moon and space, where are the hard workers who went from Europe to the US with no money but a strong determination to succeed. Where is that spirit of being limitless, all powerful and able to do whatever we set our minds to that unlocked so many successes and achievements in the past?

We’re too absorbed with our selfies, Facebook statuses and tweets that we forgot what real life is. We live in our parents home, we wait on the government to give us money and food and we complain whenever things don’t work out as they ought to. Fighting for survival, achieving greatness and reaching for the sky for us is just another dream we’re too realistic to believe in. Let the few create what we need, products, cars, drugs, apps and whatnot, and let us, the mass, enjoy our time down here because YOLO.

We became experts in whining, playing the victim and blaming others. Occupy Wall Street, topple the 1%, burn down the banks and God damn the wealthy. That’s our “raison d’être”, what we live for, because that way we feel that we achieved something, we stood for what’s morally right, we faced the tyrant. But when it comes to working hard, taking risks, going out of our comfort zone and going all in, we simply say NO and fall back on our chair while enjoying MTV.

We spend countless efforts to convince people to let us work less and have more free time. Working over 40 hours a week is unacceptable. Demanding from us to show up for class on a weekend is an insult. Expecting us to contribute to society while we’re young is a human rights abuse. But when someone works 16 hours a day, pulls all nighters, spares no resource to succeed and ends up making a fortune, we’re the first to jump out of our seats to condemn him as a cold blooded capitalist who’s running after money and doesn’t understand that what’s enjoyable in life is spending time with your dog and living a modest life.

We’re champions of hypocrisy, complacency and irrationality. We go for the easy path, the secure path. We attend classes we dislike because we’ll get jobs. We take on jobs we hate because it brings a paycheck. We buy things we don’t need and spend our savings because we want to enjoy the moment. Pathetic.

But again, there are the few, the warriors, the dreamers and the visionaries who will always wake up every morning set on making it big. There will always be that 1% who will get us through and will power the wheels of innovation and progress. The Elite, who believe that success is not the result of luck, but the fruit of blood, sweat and tears. They will be attacked, criticized and condemned for daring to aim far, but one thing remains constant, they will never give up.

^Millennial generation and we are notorious for being lazy, selfish, entitled, narcissists who want everything now and  we do not want to work hard for it. Big dreams, big demands and offer nothing in return they are Me Me, Me, Monsters. There is a growing number of Peter Pans in their 20s and 30s that refuse to grow up and stay at home with their parents and have big hopes, big dreams but will not work hard because life has been handed to them on a  silver platter. Expensive houses in the western world and stagnate weak economy makes it hard for young people to grow up. 

There is a growing cohort of young males that are becoming part of a lost generation. They have no jobs, no future and are unemployable and undateable. I am just another member of the lost generation! If you are unemployable you are undateable.

That's all cool and all but if you didn't lie about your age then you are Gen X.

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

I need to stop caring and be more aggressive and fight for things I want in life.

I have  lacked passion, low self esteem, low confidence, no ambition, no motivation and slept walked my way through life.

I need to remind myself I have pride, power, I am a bad ass mother who don't take no crap from nobody.

I have nothing to lose so I should use that to my advantage.

I have no idea what to do with my life or what steps to take and I have remained stuck in a never-ending loop.

What you need is a job first. Swallow your pride and find some work any work, Get work experience.  Working for the man is not so bad as long as you do your work.

If you don't want to work for then man than the only choice you got is to learn something that allows you to work on your own.

Without cash most women will not want you, and why would they? We not talking you have to be a millionaire, just an income so you can pay bills, buy her gifts and do nice things together.

Once you have money the rest will flow into place like a jigsaw puzzle.

NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THE ABOVE

The only woman that will not care is one you find at Centerlink, so if you don't want to work find one there in the dole line and make a pact to spawn a few more future dole blugers. 

Cobretti2 said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

I need to stop caring and be more aggressive and fight for things I want in life.

I have  lacked passion, low self esteem, low confidence, no ambition, no motivation and slept walked my way through life.

I need to remind myself I have pride, power, I am a bad ass mother who don't take no crap from nobody.

I have nothing to lose so I should use that to my advantage.

I have no idea what to do with my life or what steps to take and I have remained stuck in a never-ending loop.

What you need is a job first. Swallow your pride and find some work any work, Get work experience.  Working for the man is not so bad as long as you do your work.

If you don't want to work for then man than the only choice you got is to learn something that allows you to work on your own.

Without cash most women will not want you, and why would they? We not talking you have to be a millionaire, just an income so you can pay bills, buy her gifts and do nice things together.

The only woman that will not care is one you find at Centerlink, so if you don't want to work find one there in the dole line and make a pact to spawn a few more future dole blugers. 

So, you can make $$$ by being on social assistance, and having kids with another person on social assistance? To the point where taking such action would be worthwhile? Or are you just joking? I noticed you mentioning it earlier in the thread as well.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Cobretti2 said:

So, you can make $$$ by being on social assistance, and having kids with another person on social assistance? To the point where taking such action would be worthwhile? Or are you just joking? I noticed you mentioning it earlier in the thread as well.

Yer there a ways to get extra money. Lke put them on disability, or single parent living alone. You can get to a point where it is better than minimum wage

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/12/07/11/44/mother-of-nine-centrelink-lives-separate-to-partner-to-keep-single-parent-pension

Cobretti2 said:
COKTOE said:

Yer there a ways to get extra money. Lke put them on disability, or single parent living alone. You can get to a point where it is better than minimum wage

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/12/07/11/44/mother-of-nine-centrelink-lives-separate-to-partner-to-keep-single-parent-pension

That's insane. She's gaming the system from every angle it seems, and the social welfare system seems all too willing to let it happen.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Cobretti2 said:

That's insane. She's gaming the system from every angle it seems, and the social welfare system seems all too willing to let it happen.

Yer she is. I couldn't find the other article sadly, but in that one she was complaining she can't live with her partner because if she does she will get the single parent bonus cut lol. Somewhere there it also said some of the kids live with her partner and some with her mother so they also get the single parent benefits, disability pension etc.  Basically from all the kids plus other bonuses etc it said they racking in about $120,000 AUD extra.On top of this because they are not working, they get cheap housing given to then, I think rent is like 20% market value, free medical, free other things.

Minimum wage is about $35,000 AUD a year. If you have kids you will get some benefits cause you are a low income earner but none as close as good as the people who don't work.

Now at my end of the scale, if my wife and I wanted to have a child, because we are working, we would have to send the child to daycare. Daycare costs $150 a day where I am. You have to pay for all days (even if not there) as plenty of other kids that can take your child's spot. If i were to send a kid to day care for a full year that would be about $35,000 on all the days we work. At this point it makes more sense for my wife not to work and stay at home. But raising a child at home impacts her career later as she becomes useless and unskilled as the world keeps moving with new technology and systems. So you are in a catch 22 situation, work and pay childcare fees or don't work then risk of nto being employable later.

How backwards is that? The government should be providing childcare services to professionals (or at least tax cuts whilst the child is in childcare). Because a working mother (paying taxes) who raises a future tax payers is better than one that raises 9 future dole recipients.

NONE OF COBRETTI'S ADVICE WILL WORK FOR MY SITUATION:
I found at 21 I was too old to apply for jobs like retail and fast food outlets because younger workers get paid lower rates.
I tried for those retail jobs and fast food jobs at 16 or 17 and never got them and that put me off looking for work.
It was an insult to be rejected from jobs that I regarded as beneath me.
I have never had a car license and I do want to fail it again!
I wasted my time completing a commerce degree that only made me unemployable.
Doing more courses will change nothing and keep me stuck as being unemployable.
I do not have any work experience besides work for welfare.
Starting a business requires having capital/money and too much responsibility.
I have always looked for the easiest path in life.

BTW: I do not want to ever have kids and I would never date anyone with kids. I would not date anyone younger than me either.

curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:
Try Bumble

Bumble is similar to Tinder except once you match, you can only chat if the woman instigates the conversation. So if you’re a male who finds it difficult to approach women, this app is definitely a winner for you!

The fact that the women can filter the conversations seems to weed out the creeps and losers.

Bumble is better than Tinder, but after a year on it and swiping right to tens of thousands of women I've only ever gotten one date out of it. Of the 5 dating apps I'm on I've had the most luck with OKCupid. Plenty of Fish used to be okay but these days it's as dead as the Vita.

I've got mixed feelings about OK Cupid thus far (been using it at least mildly for about a month). My rule of thumb is I only initiate if I've matched (tinder style) with a woman. I've so far matched with about 8-10 women, started chatting with maybe half that number, and have only gotten a few responses. Actually seemed to hit it off with a couple of people but hasn't ended up going anywhere thus far.

Still already better luck than I had with Tinder though (tons of swipes leading to one horrible "date" and one woman who I got to the point of agreeing to meet and she went MIA the day of).

One thing that's a bit frustrating with Ok Cupid is that the app gives you a number of women who have liked YOU, which I've gotten a surprising amount - maybe 30 or so total, but you have to shell out $ to find out who, which I refuse to do.

May give Bumble a try..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Fake meet up notifications and fake likes are created to get people to sign up for subscription to dating sites. There is a large amount of fake accounts on dating apps. The only people who get rich from dating sites are the website creators and the scammers that rip people off. The interface on most of these sites is so outdated and stuck in the late 1990s to early 2000s and not worth upgrading to pay for subscriptions. Then there is plenty of time wasted to use the dating sites

It is far easier going outside and talking to people than it is to waste time on useless dating apps. Physical presence is far better than being an invisible online presence. I would have followed my own advice if I was a lot younger and had plenty of money to buy designer clothes, hair stylist, tattoos and fake tan to look better. Do plenty of attention seeking stunts to look cool and make more noise to be seen and heard. Steroids are what I needed to look jacked instead of being a skinny, scrawny guy that looks pathetic.

I am completely unemployable!
No retail and fast food job at a young age, meant I was destined to become unemployable.
If you can not get a job at 16 or 17 you have minimal chance of gaining employment in the future. Employers/recruiters expect resumes to have no gaps and every break to be explained. Playing video games, watching day time TV and working on tan at the beach are not going to look good on any resume.
I am too smart for a boring menial job that is beneath me. It may be an attitude problem. My Bad!
That cuts out retail, fast food, cleaning, labouring and most jobs because I get bored easily and can not be bothered doing the same thing every day.
I need to be challenged and the job must be interesting for me to consider it.

I regret studying a business degree, it was very boring and not a challenge.
I tried to work menial wage for 18 months, job agency forced me to take that job or lose my dole, it sucked and I quit it and did a business degree to avoid work!
The job was boring, no challenge and not interesting enough.
The business degree was boring and I regretted my decision of quitting work to study full time.
Over qualified and unemployable and I would have to claim to be self employed or worked on family hobby farm.
Being in the military or spending years traveling and working abroad could be other explanations to try and cover the gaps in my resume

I have a total lack of life experience and have lived a really sheltered life with minimal interactions with the outside world.
My perception of reality is so far out of touch with people living in the real world.
I have been fortunate to have family support that have helped me live my: odd, weird, eccentric life.