By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Warframe Switch Analysis

Tagged games:

Helloplite said:

They sound very impressed and rightfully so. I still don't get those who criticize the Switch for not being up to par with PS4 graphically. I believe they are simply hypocrites. A mobile platform should have no right to be able to play PS4 ports with mostly a loss in resolution, textures, and frame rate. The fact that it can, on a platform from 2015 no less, is a small miracle. Your android phones may be more powerful than the Switch, but they also cost twice to three times as much, and guess what, they don't have full console ports!

I'm very impressed. I thought the Switch's upper limit would be improved 360 ports - not feature perfect PS4 ports.

Now, if they could announce The Witcher 2 for it... (Doubt it will happen, don't think it could run The Witcher 3 at anything over 360p).

I'm gonna assume the 2 here is a typo and you meany Witcher 3 in both cases. I wouldn't hold my breath for it, as that's a much more complex game that as I recall sometimes struggles to hold 30fps on PS4 and Xbox One.

Warframe, much like Doom, Outlast II, and Wolfenstein II, was a 60fps title on P4/Xbone, so when porting it over to Switch they had the luxury of getting an easy performance win by halving that to 30fps, allowing them to keep other aspects like the current gen VFX pipeline mostly intact.