Forums - Microsoft Discussion - After 5 or 6 years of development... I would say Halo:MCC is 10/10.

Is Halo:MCC better than Super Mario All-Stars?!

Absolutely 13 50.00%

Ofcourse 0 0.00%

Clearly 1 3.85%

Without objection 1 3.85%

Agreed 2 7.69%

Objectively 5 19.23%

Easily 0 0.00%

Sure 2 7.69%

Without question 0 0.00%

Well... yeah. 2 7.69%

Total:26
Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If MCC ever gets a PC release, it could be popular if handled properly.

I.E. Not on Games for Windows Live! 2.0/Windows Store.

Thisguywhokills said:
It's pathetic they took 5 to 6 years to fix their broken game
it's too late now, a 5/10 game dosnen't become a 10/10 over time
most people have moved on from it by now

4 years. Still a long time and I don't necessarily disagree with you.

But if only more developers would take note and fix their games instead of moving onto the next thing, it does help build good will.

Mr Puggsly said:

In its current state, I dare say it can single handedly justify a X1 purchase. Its beautiful man, beautiful!

Definitely the best way to play a chunk of the series.
Shame they didn't include Reach though.

And why is there still no Spartan Strike on Xbox?

Steam and Windows Store with crossplay would do very well

To be fair MCC wasnt really 343's mustake. It was handled by 3rd parties and MS ultimate made the call to leave it buggy. Sometimes I sense people go rogue at MS to fix problems.

I would love Reach. It would look so much better running natively on X1 hardware.

I really enjoyed Spartal Assault, I beat it on both 360 and X1 for achievments. I have it for Windows but I want it on Xbox.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

The game has really turned around since its launch. I played it this weekend without knowing about the new social playlist searching function. I was pleasantly surprised! I'm happy they have continued support after all these years. It gives me hope for Halo infinite. Supposedly, they are working on adding Halo:Reach. If they can get Firefight in there as well, oh boy!

Btw, the Flood take over on the main menu is awesome!

smroadkill15 said:
The game has really turned around since its launch. I played it this weekend without knowing about the new social playlist searching function. I was pleasantly surprised! I'm happy they have continued support after all these years. It gives me hope for Halo infinite. Supposedly, they are working on adding Halo:Reach. If they can get Firefight in there as well, oh boy!

Btw, the Flood take over on the main menu is awesome!

They just said theyre evaluating adding Reach at the moment. But making the old games better certainly compensates for a lack of Halo this gen. I would like to see big updates for both MCC and Halo 5 because Im still playing them.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I really enjoyed Spartal Assault, I beat it on both 360 and X1 for achievments. I have it for Windows but I want it on Xbox.

Spartan Assault is on Xbox.
But it's successor Spartan Strike is not.

And that is a big shame in my eyes.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

HALO MCC had the potential to be great but the poor launch of it (as well as Killer Instinct in parts) is basically what made me say you know what fuck Microsoft, I am skipping your console this gen.

6 years after is too little too late, the gen is over, PS4 has won. Xbox 360 had all the momentum to ensure Xbox one did great this gen but Microsoft fucked it all up..

Around the Network
Thisguywhokills said:

It was never a 5/10... the single player and couch coop was always 10/10. The broken multiplayer was bad and I would rank 6/10 or 7/10. 

Beside a broken game is no longer always a broken game;this is modern gaming, Game can ship broken and get fix and improvement after release.

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

yvanjean said:
Thisguywhokills said:

It was never a 5/10... the single player and couch coop was always 10/10. The broken multiplayer was bad and I would rank 6/10 or 7/10. 

Beside a broken game is no longer always a broken game;this is modern gaming, Game can ship broken and get fix and improvement after release.

Right, people forget MCC was actually a critical success even when online multiplayer was a mess.

Because from the start it was arguably the best way to play all the campaigns. But even when the multiplayer was buggy, it was still enjoyable most of the time.

Recently Completed
Gears 5

I never tried MCC but i loved halo 3 back in 360 era

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

Cobretti2 said:
HALO MCC had the potential to be great but the poor launch of it (as well as Killer Instinct in parts) is basically what made me say you know what fuck Microsoft, I am skipping your console this gen.

6 years after is too little too late, the gen is over, PS4 has won. Xbox 360 had all the momentum to ensure Xbox one did great this gen but Microsoft fucked it all up..

To be fair MCC is probably the most ambitious port compilation ever created and it really suffered from being rushed. If you wanted it for the campaigns, playing split screen, it was always notable for that. It just really dropped the ball on online play.

Uncharted Collection also ambitious, maybe one of the most notable, but only a fraction of content compared to MCC.

Killer Instinct was honest about what it was and priced accordingly. Also a unique game in the genre.

Its not too late for MCC, still a popular game with an active population.

Recently Completed
Gears 5

I've sunk over 730 hours into the MCC over the past four years. I was there at that oh-so very frustrating beginning with the absolutely broken matchmaking and party systems. In the following months, there were some minor improvements and you could actually get into matches... well, not all the time. Sometimes matchmaking would work, other times it wouldn't. Sometimes I could form a fireteam with other players, sometimes I couldn't. Some nights I'd be able to get quite a few matches in, but at many points it got so frustratingly uncooperative that my friends and I would just hop over to Halo 5, even though many of us weren't the biggest fans of Halo 5's multiplayer.

But 343 Industries has finally done their due diligence and fixed it for good this time. Matchmaking works consistently, there's no issues with joining friends, and various other fixes have made for a vastly improved multiplayer experience.

And even in the absence of multiplayer, the fact that it has five full Halo campaigns in it makes for an impressive value. With the MP fixed, you'd be hard-pressed to find a game that offers this much content for the price. I'm still hoping they add Reach at some point, but even then this is now definitely one of the best compilations ever.

As for Super Mario All-Stars, well, that's still the best compilation. The Super Mario Bros. games are classics.