By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite hits 200 million players mark.

Basically twice the numbers of League of Legends. Tencent gaming sector is swimming in money with only LoL and Fortnite revenues alone.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-26/fortnite-now-has-200-million-players-up-60-from-the-last-count

Around the Network

Hmm, I've never tried it. Crazy how so many people are playing it

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Is that the number of people who play it regularly, or the total number of downloads.

Isn't it still tracking below other games in estimated revenue ? Would love to know if anyone has an explanation for it.
Also, did it officially become the most played game worldwide ?

CuCabeludo said:

Basically twice the numbers of League of Legends.

Wouldn't say that. The last time the total registered players was revealed for League of Legends was 2012, when they had 32m Monthly Active Players and 70m Total Players.

Back in 2016 they said League was now getting 100m players each month so I wouldn't be surprised if Lol was now higher than 200m registered players.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Is that the number of people who play it regularly, or the total number of downloads.

Have a wild guess.

Rocket League has sold over 50m at 20 bucks. Concurrent player peaks are around 200k. I wonder if Fortnite is still played after 3 years.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RenCutypoison said:
Isn't it still tracking below other games in estimated revenue ? Would love to know if anyone has an explanation for it.
Also, did it officially become the most played game worldwide ?

Amazingly. Not many players buy costumes i Fort, compared to LoL for example.

Barkley said:
CuCabeludo said:

Basically twice the numbers of League of Legends.

Wouldn't say that. The last time the total registered players was revealed for League of Legends was 2012, when they had 32m Monthly Active Players and 70m Total Players.

Back in 2016 they said League was now getting 100m players each month so I wouldn't be surprised if Lol was now higher than 200m registered players.

Last time I checked, it has 125 million players, and rumors say it has lost 20% players due to the last patch changes which turned the game less strategic in favor of more speed.

The surprise smash hit of last year just keeps getting bigger. It's taking over the BR market and it ain't slowing down

Good for them! I personally prefer PUBG and Black Out over Fortnite but I'm all for battle royal goodness.