By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starbreeze is probably about to go bankrupt

Reading a thread over on resetera and apparently their stock is plummeting. Could be about to go bust. I loved Payday 2 but hated the guys who made it. They were dicks to console gamers. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/starbreeze-is-probably-about-to-go-bankrupt.82821/

Around the Network

I recall a thread few months ago that the OP felt like it was great to invest at Starbreeze at that time. Wonder what hapemed of that.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Did they actually file for bankruptcy yet ?

Time for MS to buy them, makes Halo ODST heist game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Aren't they the ones about to release Walking Dead (the L4D style shooter not the Telltale ones)? I know the PC version is out but the console one is set to release in February.

One of the comments in the linked article asks what's going to happen to System Shock 3 and Psychonauts 2 since Starbreeze was to publish them.

Other than the recent stock issues, what problems has the company had over the last few years?

Around the Network

Never heard of them.

Funny all i know of them is a failed game that had dubstep trailers as a selling point

CuCabeludo said:
Never heard of them.

They are a Swedish developer/ publisher their first success was Chronicles of Riddick escape from butcher bay, they also made  the first the Darkness game and bought out  payday 2 after acquiring the payday developers, some  exdevs split to form Machine gun games of Wolfenstein new order fame and that's all I know.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

A drop in the share price of that sort generally means that investors think bankruptcy is very possible. But, that doesn't mean bankruptcy is guaranteed. And, even if bankruptcy is coming, it may be many months or even years away. Further still, bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean they're going out of business. They'll likely try to restructure some debt and continue as a going concern.

In other words, there is a good chance that gamers will feel zero impact from this.