By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Company: Let's Go sold 3 million in first 3 days

That's like....

*does math and science calculations*

about a million a day!

Really glad to see this game doing well...definitely a much better game than I was expecting.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Acevil said:

I know hindsight is 20/20, but seriously what were people thinking about labeling pokemon go as the top disappointment. 

I was one of them.... I assumed it would be a dissapointment in terms of review scores & fan reception (ei. core pokemon users wouldnt enjoy the dumbed down systems). Always assumed that its sales would be fine, just not as beloved as other pokemon games.

I'm actually part of the group that never said a bad word about Pokémon. Great call by me because there would be egg on my face if I did. 

Kerotan said:
JRPGfan said:

I was one of them.... I assumed it would be a dissapointment in terms of review scores & fan reception (ei. core pokemon users wouldnt enjoy the dumbed down systems). Always assumed that its sales would be fine, just not as beloved as other pokemon games.

I'm actually part of the group that never said a bad word about Pokémon. Great call by me because there would be egg on my face if I did. 

I knew it was gonna sell well.... because of how many mobile phone users seem to play Pokemon Go.
I just assumed the "core" pokemon fan wouldnt enjoy "lets go" as much as previous titles.

its got a 81 metascore, and while thats slightly lower than past entries its not by that much.
So I guess I was kinda right? but not hugely so.

Also in that thread I put Fallout 76, also as a option.
Why? because I had serious doubts about that too, even way back then.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 22 November 2018

JRPGfan said:
Kerotan said:

I knew it was gonna sell well.... because of how many mobile phone users seem to play Pokemon Go.
I just assumed the "core" pokemon fan wouldnt enjoy "lets go" as much as previous titles.

its got a 81 metascore, and while thats slightly lower than past entries its not by that much.
So I guess I was kinda right? but not hugely so.

Yeah you were kinda right. Because a lot of the hardcore didn't buy it at launch but it still sold great regardless. 

Acevil said:
RolStoppable said:

This thread was about predicting the biggest disappointments of this year's holiday quarter:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237852

Pokémon Let's Go was in serious contention for the top spot, but now we know that Let's Go succeeded in all four categories:

1. Critical reception.
2. Fan reception.
3. Software sales.
4. Ability to move hardware.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but seriously what were people thinking about labeling pokemon go as the top disappointment. 

A lot of people have trouble figuring out that what they don't like is not always the same as what others don't like.

Around the Network

First week number, not 3 days.

I want this game to succeed at selling Switch to allow Nintendo to continue the growth of its install base and reach their target, but I also want this game to sell sensibly less than the real main Pokemon games because GameFreak needs to focus on the new generation and not to dumb down their games.

Did anyone made the comment yet that the pokemon purists are like the melee purists or like the irish?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Lucas-Rio said:

I want this game to succeed at selling Switch to allow Nintendo to continue the growth of its install base and reach their target, but I also want this game to sell sensibly less than the real main Pokemon games because GameFreak needs to focus on the new generation and not to dumb down their games.

Yes, and weeks in Japan end on a Sunday. The game launched on the 16th, and the week ended on the 18th. So that's a period of three days.

StarDoor said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Yes, and weeks in Japan end on a Sunday. The game launched on the 16th, and the week ended on the 18th. So that's a period of three days.

They would have said "3 days" or  "opening week end" like they did for other Pokemon games in the past. It probably reached that yesterday, still a good performance but less impressive obviously.

Lucas-Rio said:
StarDoor said:

They would have said "3 days" or  "opening week end" like they did for other Pokemon games in the past. It probably reached that yesterday, still a good performance but less impressive obviously.

Your stance makes no sense. The game hadn't even been out for 7 days when this was announced. Do you think that a week is five days long?