By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What if Microsoft made a super smash clone? Would you buy it?

John2290 said:
How many cars does Forza have now? It'd make for a super interesting title, I guess. Masterchief Vs 1995 Golf gti. Ya, I'd play that.

LOL that cracked me up. Sony and MS should both be releasing 1 smash type game per generation. It won't do anywhere near the sales of smash but should still be profitable and would be some nice fan service. Personally I'd have no interest and not buy it but many would. 

Around the Network

I really feel like Microsoft should make their own cross over but it should be a cartoony arena shooter instead of a fighter. Both their #1 and #2 biggest series are shooters then they could have banjo shooting eggs from kazooie like in banjo tooie, conker and Joanna dark would fit in just fine, Steve from minecraft could easily work ect

Last edited by collint0101 - on 20 November 2018

Poliwrathlord said:
I think that if this games existed, it would be the smallest roster of characters ever in a fighting game.

That's a dumb comment when you consider much of the Smash Bros roster comes from a much smaller number of game IPs. Smash Bros even uses a lot of character from 3rd party games.

Any who, I'm not looking for a Smash Bros clone on Xbox. It should be a UFC clone!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Barkley said:
They don't have the characters to do it, neither do Sony. I don't think the realistic characters like Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Kratos or Nathan Drake work. Even though Snake was in Brawl.

I think the Metal Gear Solid franchise has enough irony and humor to be in Smash honestly. I think he probably fits a little better in Ultimate than in Brawl, given the fact that he's cartoonier now. 

Figthing games overall have a much smaller audience compared to competitive shooters/battle royales or MOBAs. I think it wouldn't succeed due to the smaller size of the community, they would have to deliver a hell of a game just to grab a slice of a smaller pie.

They better invest in a good next Halo.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 20 November 2018

Around the Network

If you go all the way back to OG Xbox days there should be no problem filling the roster with a relatively diverse cast. I wouldn't buy it unless it actually looked good, though. I was already burned by PS All Stars.

axumblade said:
While I do think that Microsoft could make a fighting game with their main characters, I do kinda feel they'd have to switch up the design a little bit so that it would work for the characters that are popular from Microsoft.

Not only that, but Killer Instinct already had a lot of cameo DLC 

They certainly have more than enough characters to do it. But would I buy it, nope, smash doesn't interest me let alone a clone of it.

I don't even like Smash! I've bought them all but the only one I actually spent any amount of time with was the one for the Wii (two player co-op story mode). The rest, I just play a few characters and toss it on the shelf.

Considering that I don't buy the OG Smash games, I don't think I'd purchase an XB version either. That kind of game feels at home on Ninty too.