By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch 2019 First party Lineup speculation

Yeah, 2019. is shaping to great year for Switch maybe even better than 2017. saying that most likely we don't have even 50% of confirmed 1st party and 3rd party exclusive games that will be part of Switch 2019. lineup, or when what game will be released, only release date we have is for NSMBU.

Almost certain January Direct will give as a little more clearer picture at least for mostly Winter-Spring period.

Around the Network

At the end of 2017 we had yet to learn about about Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario Party, Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Let's Go, and most of the Wii U ports. However this time I think most of the line-up is already known as we've got quite a number of games including 4 big ones in NSMB, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon and Animal Crossing, the latter two undoubtedly book ending the year. As such I don't expect too much else with most slot being filled up already. Bayo 3, MP4, and Pikmin 4 I have to think are 2020, but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

January - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
February - N/A
March - Yoshi's Crafted World
April - Labo Kit
May - Daemon X Machina
June - Fire Emblem Three Houses
July - Luigi's Mansion 3
August - Town
September - Labo Kit
November - Pokemon
December - Animal Crossing

Lonely_Dolphin said:
At the end of 2017 we had yet to learn about about Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario Party, Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Let's Go, and most of the Wii U ports. However this time I think most of the line-up is already known as we've got quite a number of games including 4 big ones in NSMB, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon and Animal Crossing, the latter two undoubtedly book ending the year. As such I don't expect too much else with most slot being filled up already. Bayo 3, MP4, and Pikmin 4 I have to think are 2020, but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

February - N/A
April - Labo Kit
May - Daemon X Machina
July - Luigi's Mansion 3
August - Town
September - Labo Kit
November - Pokemon

There is no way that Nintendo in 2018. already announced hole their 2019. lineup, I can bet that they have at least 2-3 more new 1st party games, 1-3 more Wii U ports and 1-2 3rd more party exclusives. Also there is no confirmation that Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 will not be released next year, they are still potential releases for next year.

Talking about your list, you have nothing in February and you missing October, also even this year Nintendo had months where we had 2 releases per month, for instance DKTF and Hyrule Warriors where May releases, Sushi Striker and Mario Tennis June releases, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Octopath Traveler July releases, so definitely next year that already looks that will have much more release than this year will also have some months with releases.

Miyamotoo said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

February - N/A
April - Labo Kit
May - Daemon X Machina
July - Luigi's Mansion 3
August - Town
September - Labo Kit
November - Pokemon

There is no way that Nintendo in 2018. already announced hole their 2019. lineup, I can bet that they have at least 2-3 more new 1st party games, 1-3 more Wii U ports and 1-2 3rd more party exclusives. Also there is no confirmation that Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 will not be released next year, they are still potential releases for next year.

Talking about your list, you have nothing in February and you missing October, also even this year Nintendo had months where we had 2 releases per month, for instance DKTF and Hyrule Warriors where May releases, Sushi Striker and Mario Tennis June releases, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Octopath Traveler July releases, so definitely next year that already looks that will have much more release than this year will also have some months with releases.

Reading comprehension mate. Most =/= All, Not much else =/= nothing else. That list is just an idea of what the line-up may look like, that should go without saying given this is a speculation thread.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Reading comprehension mate. Most =/= All, Not much else =/= nothing else. That list is just an idea of what the line-up may look like, that should go without saying given this is a speculation thread.

I just disagree that we know most of Nintendo 2019. lineup in 2018.

Around the Network

Is Nintendo publishing Daemon x Machina?

RingoGaSuki said:
My guesses at the moment are pretty similar to others:

January: New Super Mario Bros DX
February:
March: Yoshi
April: Fire Emblem
May: Star Fox: Grand Prix
June: Luigi's Mansion 3
July: Town (GameFreak, eShop only)
August: Bayonetta 3, Daemon X Machina
September: Pokemon Generation 8 (XY released in October, and every other mainline game prior to it released in September in Japan; I can see them going back to it to space it out among the other huge hitters)
October: Animal Crossing
November: Metroid Prime 4
December: Zelda BOTW sequel (to be teased in Jan direct; going off of GameInformer's speculation that the next Zelda is closer than we think and assuming a Majora's Mask-esque sequel on the same engine)

I also think and said for a while that the next Zelda game will be coming way sooner than we think. Botw took a long time because of changing to HD and the making of the new engine which is so sophisticated it's insane. Now that they have that and could even take assets from Botw, the next game won't take 5 years.. Botw also opened so many doors for the franchise.

+ I'm pretty sure the next game was planned before the DLC, it might have been in development since the release of Botw or even before that, since the game was pushed for the Switch release.

xMetroid said:

I also think and said for a while that the next Zelda game will be coming way sooner than we think. Botw took a long time because of changing to HD and the making of the new engine which is so sophisticated it's insane. Now that they have that and could even take assets from Botw, the next game won't take 5 years.. Botw also opened so many doors for the franchise.

+ I'm pretty sure the next game was planned before the DLC, it might have been in development since the release of Botw or even before that, since the game was pushed for the Switch release.

If a new Zelda game is coming, I'm pretty sure it'll be a 2020 release. I don't remember a console Zelda aside from Majora's Mask that took less than 3 years to make. 

Talking about Zelda, I think we getting some kind of Zelda next year, it will be probably be 2D (top down) Zelda or some Zelda port (possible are WW/TP HD, OoT/MM 3D HD, SS HD and ALBW HD) while in 2020. I expecting brand new 3D Zelda.

Miyamotoo said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I just disagree that we know most of Nintendo 2019. lineup in 2018.

You are just talking Switch exclusive line-up right? If so then I'm curious just how many more games you think we're gonna get if 8 titles still isn't most of the line-up. In 2017 we had I think 8 games (BotW/MK8D/ARMS/Splat2/M+R/FE Warriors/SMO/X2) then 12 games in 2018 (Bayo2/Kirby/Labo1/HW/DKCTF/MT Aces/Toad/Octopath/Labo2/SMP/Let's Go/SSBU).