By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ULTIMATE BOLD Prediction [2018] Super Smash Bros Will Sell 15mil WW... In under a MONTH!

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Sold-through number+Digital should be like this at the end of December.
US = 4.5m (3m last reported number)
Japan and Asians = 2.5m (1.6m last reported number)
Europe and ROTW = 3m (30% higher than the last best selling Nintendo home console game in europe right now)

If Nintendo over-shipped the copies like Odyssey i can see 14-15m shipments like your prediction based on the high sold-through number.

They need higher sell thru then that for 14mil+ shipment 10mil sell thru would estimate around 12-12.5mil ship+digital

Around the Network

We have precise sales for US and Japan markets but we know that in Europe (in 11 days) SSBU has sold 30% more than Mario Kart Wii (800k units in two weeks) and that means an approximately 1.2m units sold in 11 days. So the game has sold 3m(US)+1.6m(Jap)+1.2m(EU)=5.8m without RoW sales (maybe ~500k in 11 days?). I think SSBU will reach easily 10/11m units sold by the end of the year

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Smash is doing 80% better than Odyssey did at launch in Australia according to Nintendo.

https://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-becomes-the-fastest-selling-nintendo-console-game-in-australian-history/

Talking about shipment numbers only, IMO 15m is still reach while more than 10m is lock, I think we will have something around 13m, which is still incredible result for exclusive game in one month and game that wasn't bundled (I mean it was but for $60 higher price point that regular bundle).

Well with 5m units moved in 3 days it's time to update things a bit, it's all but certain now that the game has moved around 7m at this point possibly by the end of last week it seems 10m at least will be shipped this month. The funny thing is people are in awe of Smash's performance and impact yet a number of people before struggled to understand why Nintendo focused so heavily on it this year from E3 onward now they see why. Don't be surprised if next E3 does the same in focusing on Pokemon.

Around the Network

Barkley said:

Like I said in the other thread 7.5m is my current prediction. I could see them shipping up to 10m. But anything more than that and I'll be questioning if the world is real or if I'm actually in a coma.

Smash Bros has a strong hardcore fanbase, which means it has a lot of early adopters, while having limited legs compared to other Nintendo games such as Mario Kart. So First Year sales will make up the bulk of it's total sales, I.E by the end of 2019 it'll have sold around 75-80% of it's lifetime sales. But even being frontloaded for a Nintendo title, 15m is too much in 24 days.

Hmmm

Don’t worry tbone,5 of my friends are getting switches this month just to play smash bros,we are doing our part on helping you reach your 15m prediction even if its just 5 ppl XD

Redguy said:
Don’t worry tbone,5 of my friends are getting switches this month just to play smash bros,we are doing our part on helping you reach your 15m prediction even if its just 5 ppl XD

Hey, that's 1/3000000 of the people needed, don't feel bad about that

tbone, you should totally give yourself a Smash avatar if this comes true!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
tbone, you should totally give yourself a Smash avatar if this comes true!

Can a mod put avatars for any1? I can't seem to do it