By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where are the DS Fighters?

I <3 my DS and all and have more games for it (~30) than any other console but I realised that I don't have any fighters for the DS. I couldn't think of a way to search for DS fighters. On gamefaqs, fighters are a action subcategory and you can't list games in a sub-category.

So, can someone suggest good DS fighters? Preferably US release or at least have a English mode.

I'm also curious about how many fighters there are in total for the DS. I heard that Jump all stars was a j-fighter suspect that Naruto probably has some, anything else?

Around the Network

According to Gamespot...they are: Custom Robo Arena, Guilty Gear Dust Strikers, Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 and Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects. And not one of them get a good rating 80% or above!

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Cool! Thanks for the tip. Found the link: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html?platform=1026&category=Fighting+Games&type=reviews&mode=top&sort=post_date&sortdir=asc

That is depressingly few. How comprehensive is this list? I might try Custom robo

Especially depressing compared to the PSP which has 9 total with none < 6.0 and 3 > 8.0

I'm shocked there's not a Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat!

Actually, I wonder why they didn't create a version of super smash brothers for the DS...

Around the Network

I have seen alot of good fighters in Japan. Bleach, Naruto.

I don't like fighters on a hand held. especially on the DS so I don't have any but I would have many if I did.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

DonWii said:
I have seen alot of good fighters in Japan. Bleach, Naruto.
I wonder why those are not ported to the US?  Both franchises are pretty popular in the US.

Believe me, I've wanted Super Smash Bros on a handheld FOREVER, and I think the DS would be cool...they could combine SSB style play with DS "smash attacks" or something...in-home WiFi play or internet play...it would rock.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ckmlb said:
I don't like fighters on a hand held. especially on the DS so I don't have any but I would have many if I did.

Tekken Dark Resurrection on the PSP is amazing...a brilliant fighter to match any fighter on any platform.