By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2018 Worldwide Software Top 50 after 9 months

Mario Kart 7 is still doing great seven years after its release, almost in the top 50!

Around the Network

Very strong Sony lead, but on X-mas this is bound to change with 3rd party blockbuster and Nintendo inputs.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

2 PS4 exclusives at the top. Damn...

Great result for PS4, also the Switch is punching way above its weight with software sales

Considering how much digital sales have increased on ps4 and xbox in the last few years, I honestly think this chart is pretty worthless.

Around the Network

God of War and Spider-Man are both beasts! Overall very strong months for Playstation software!

Can't wait to see the end of year! Didn't realize how fast Spider-man would overtake God of War! It's definitely happened by now. I'll be interested to see what the holiday will do for the nintendo software bump. I think Mario Kart and Odyssey will at least pass Far Cry. GTA is still a freakin beast. RDR2 will be the best seller of the year obviously.

Dr.Vita said:

God of War and Spider-Man are both beasts! Overall very strong months for Playstation software!

The God of War number 1, thats really cool :) And Spider-Man will easily reach the 10 million in the next months.

axumblade said:
Can't wait to see the end of year! Didn't realize how fast Spider-man would overtake God of War! It's definitely happened by now. RDR2 will be the best seller of the year obviously.

oh yes, thats sure - Red Dead Redemption 2 will be number 1 in the Year 2018 (sales figures).

"The Last of Us 2" is officially Game of the Year 2020, worldwide. Ghost of Tsushima-Artwork:

How are Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Odyssey below games they outsold?

Last edited by CaptainExplosion - on 13 November 2018

Captain explosion. Was there any need to quote the entire chart? It just clutters the thread. To answer your question these are sales for 2018 only.