By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 'Dragon Ball Z' Composer Wins Texas State Senator Vote

Ok I just saw this article and thought it was pretty awesome,especially being a fan of Dragon Ball.

''According to the latest election results, Nathan Johnson pulled in a major win in his home state of Texas. The lawyer defeated sitting state senator Don Huffines to nab a spot in the Texas Senate. Johnson represented the democratic party for the 16th district, and he won the election with 54% of votes.''

I had no clue he was even a lawyer and involved with these political cycles.

''For those unaware, Johnson split his work as a lawyer back in the 1990s in order to compose music. After meeting Funimation co-founder Robert Cocanaugher, Johnson found his way to Dragon Ball Z as he was asked to score several Dragon Ball Z themes. Films such as Broly — The Second Coming, Fusion Reborn, and Wrath of the Dragon all house work from Johnson, and the composer was also tasked with scoring episodes 1-67 of the original Dragon Ball Z anime.''

Full article about it here: https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/11/07/dragon-ball-z-anime-composer-texas-state-senator-election-vote/?fbclid=IwAR2GZMYuyq6D2CgawW0a3RQu3lS3dEFHJ32eiP5NabRcwdFWemMJt7mr2fo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

So is he handing out dragon balls to his voters? If so, I'm moving to Texas.

I've heard a lot of people of different backgrounds(not conventional politicians) won this time, Was he a conventional politician?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

He won by over 9000!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

He shouldve told his opponent ''Tell me Mr. Huffines... Does a politician like you ever experience fear!?'' and power up during a debate

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Man of many talents

Democrat nathan the super saiyan got enough votes for the genkidama

Well if he has that kind of work on the side then he stays in touch with a wide community of different people or at least i expect him to be and that can bring us a politician that does not live in a bubble and might be more openminded than other's .

This can be a positive !