Criterion Software 17 2.33%

Rockstar San Diego 113 15.46%

Ubisoft Quebec 29 3.97%

EA Vancouver 5 0.68%

Treasure 17 2.33%

Frontier Developments 13 1.78%

Sora Ltd 37 5.06%

Total:731

I'm starting to think that all of these companies with different development teams should just be one company. Nintendo was one of the obvious red flags. Now i'm questioning Rockstar too. Do we actually know enough about Rockstar to know who did RDR2, for example? Because I thought the last poll mostly gave credit to North, when I thought San Diego was in charge of the Red Dead franchise.

Around the Network

Rockstar San Diego absolutely deserves it. If it doesn't make it to the next round, I'll not vote.

First Polyphony Digital gets trounced by Nintendo, then Sucker Punch gets trounced by Naughty Dog. If San Diego gets beaten by a no name developer like Intelligent Systems and another who has varying levels of quality like Capcom, then these polls really won't mean anything to me anymore.

Criterion is also getting trounced which is terrible. They made NFS Hot Pursuit, among the best racing games ever made. Their Burnout games were pretty good. I think the VGChartz audience is always either voting for a first party developer due to personal bias and agendas, not just any but for the 3 of them. It sucks because it throws objectivity off the window and make these lists really predictable everytime.

GOWTLOZ said:
Rockstar San Diego absolutely deserves it. If it doesn't make it to the next round, I'll not vote.

First Polyphony Digital gets trounced by Nintendo, then Sucker Punch gets trounced by Naughty Dog. If San Diego gets beaten by a no name developer like Intelligent Systems and another who has varying levels of quality like Capcom, then these polls really won't mean anything to me anymore.

No name? They have a name, Intelligent Systems. And apparently, a lot of people here know the name. 

And really ... you're upset that Polyphony Digital got trounced by Nintendo? The company that wastes Sony's money and took years on years for an online oriented spin-off no one asked for? All I'm going to say is ... lol.

As for Sucker Punch being beaten by Naughty Dog, unfortunately that one could be seen from a mile away. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
GOWTLOZ said:

No name? They have a name, Intelligent Systems. And apparently, a lot of people here know the name. 

And really ... you're upset that Polyphony Digital got trounced by Nintendo? The company that wastes Sony's money and took years on years for an online oriented spin-off no one asked for? All I'm going to say is ... lol.

As for Sucker Punch being beaten by Naughty Dog, unfortunately that one could be seen from a mile away. 

I'm not going to discuss which developers are better and which are popular, atleast on here its well known. Its just that the choices people make are based on which consoles they have and which manufacturer they like more, its painfully obvious. It gets in the way of objectivity.

Nintendo and Naughty Dog are popular and got the vote but they also have known massive fanbase on this site, and there are barely any racing game players here. I consistently see the likes of Polyphony, Criterion and PlayGround games getting shoved aside because people don't play those games, and I also consistently see RPG developers at the top.

There isn't any real competition here, you'll have a plethora of RPG developers, Nintendo and developers of Sony's best selling series going anywhere in this competition particularly Naughty Dog because they have a particularly rabid fanbase here and its predictable and boring. Some exceptions like Rockstar will make it. The results for the competition are pretty much decided already, because of demographics, but atleast it could be kept interesting by having developers in the same genre and of the same category as competitors so a variety of them make it to the next stage.

GOWTLOZ said:

I'm not going to discuss which developers are better and which are popular, atleast on here its well known. Its just that the choices people make are based on which consoles they have and which manufacturer they like more, its painfully obvious. It gets in the way of objectivity.

Nintendo and Naughty Dog are popular and got the vote but they also have known massive fanbase on this site, and there are barely any racing game players here. I consistently see the likes of Polyphony, Criterion and PlayGround games getting shoved aside because people don't play those games, and I also consistently see RPG developers at the top.

There isn't any real competition here, you'll have a plethora of RPG developers, Nintendo and developers of Sony's best selling series going anywhere in this competition particularly Naughty Dog because they have a particularly rabid fanbase here and its predictable and boring. Some exceptions like Rockstar will make it. The results for the competition are pretty much decided already, because of demographics, but atleast it could be kept interesting by having developers in the same genre and of the same category as competitors so a variety of them make it to the next stage.

I agree with you that this site has certain preferences that probably aren't true of say, other forums, or casual gamers but ... it's a poll on this site? I don't know what you want to be done about that ... 

I've argued a lot on this site about how objectivity doesn't really exist in the reception of media so I don't know what you want to be said about that. If by "objectivity" you mean agreeing with your opinion or the "critics" opinion then that would just be boring.

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:

I agree with you that this site has certain preferences that probably aren't true of say, other forums, or casual gamers but ... it's a poll on this site? I don't know what you want to be done about that ... 

I've argued a lot on this site about how objectivity doesn't really exist in the reception of media so I don't know what you want to be said about that. If by "objectivity" you mean agreeing with your opinion or the "critics" opinion then that would just be boring.

No I was saying the rounds should have focussed on a genre, so a round could be dedicated to racing game developers and other rounds dedicated to other genre developers. The big companies like Capcom, Bandai Namco and Nintendo could have their separate round as they make a variety of games.

The final result would still be the same of course but the process of getting there would be more interesting and it would be exciting to see less popular genre developers make it farther in this contest.